Notary Rotary
Working directly with a title co...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by jjill_CA on 12/3/05 2:05pm
Msg #80147

I just got a deal to work with a title company. They will get all the docs ready, set the appt. with the borrower according to MY schedule, always have someone in the office with me, and pay me $75...This seems like a pretty good deal to me. Is anyone else working like that? Would just like to know what you think. Thanks in advance!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/3/05 2:37pm
Msg #80149

Jill, the notaries in my office are hired on exactly that basis, escrow prepares all the docs (including borrowers copies) and someone's always available for questions. Appointments don't seems to last any longer than 30-45 mins in my experience. The best part? You're paid within a day or two of close of escrow.

Take it! Congratulations.

Reply by John_NorCal on 12/3/05 3:29pm
Msg #80156

Re: Working directly with a title co... Seems like a .....

good deal. I need to expand my marketing efforts due to recent changes in my life. Guess I'll make up some resumes/flyers and get them out to title companies in my area.

Reply by John_NorCal on 12/3/05 3:29pm
Msg #80157

Re: Working directly with a title co... Seems like a .....

good deal. I need to expand my marketing efforts due to recent changes in my life. Guess I'll make up some resumes/flyers and get them out to title companies in my area.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 12/3/05 7:07pm
Msg #80167

I am working with one now for a condominium conversion. The documents are overnighted to the property office and they call me to see what time I can do the closing. It is totally on my schedule. I do several a week and done about 40 so far. My checks are put right in the Fedex envelope with the documents. I have been commended for my perfect closings. We only have 7 more units to be sold at this project but the developer has another project and is going to be using the same title company. The title company asked me last week if I could be the closer for the next project and I said, "You Bet". I work in the office where the Realtors are and I have my own room and a key to the office to do early morning and after hours closings. There is a kitchen and I sometimes bring my lunch if I don't have much time between closings. They sometimes buy me lunch and sometimes we go out for lunch. They have all told me that I am part of the team. The same Realtors will be on site at the next project. I love these closings as they have mainly been 1st time home buyers. I hand them the keys and they always have a nice house warming gift to give the new home owner.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.