Notary Rotary
Yahoo! Maps Driving Directions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by MelissaCT on 12/13/05 10:21am
Msg #82151

Enter driving directions for multiple locations, map out the route for your day, etc. Good functionality -- even get roundtrip directions for those places with one-way streets.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd

Enter your information & click on the Get New Directions button. From there, you can enter multiple addresses, zoom in, select borrower at a specific address (unit #) -- (if there's more than one person at the same address, like condos).

This is a beta version, but I'm loving it!!!

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/13/05 10:31am
Msg #82156

Invest in GPS. You'll love GPS even better.

I've been using GPS for over two years and cannot even imagine doing this job without it.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 10:41am
Msg #82163

I like Microsoft Streets and trips. Its a computer program, not a website, so the program is faster, and i find it more accurate then mapquest.

I did use GPS on vacation, and i found that very useful. I like finding places on my own however, with computer directions. Kinda like that not stopping at a gas station type thing.

Reply by REE_NJ on 12/13/05 10:47am
Msg #82168

Hi, Tina
Where do you purchase your GPS from? I have been shopping around the last two weeks comparing costs. Mapquest can have one wrong turn and it will definitely mess you up.
Thanks in advance.

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/13/05 11:29am
Msg #82184

I purchased it from eCost. They also gave me a surprise coupon for $25.00 when I was checking out.

Here's the link for all the GPS that they sell on their site:

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/search/search.asp?Search=GPS&NavID_Search=false&CurDSN=simple&calledfrom=1&incimage=on&submit1.x=8&submit1.y=12

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/13/05 4:33pm
Msg #82266

I've been using the beta version for a while, too, and have been very happy with it, with few exceptions. I find Yahoo is updated more frequently than Mapquest and is more accurate - if not perfect! (At least in my area.) You can even get current traffic conditions on it, although I've yet managed to find the time to use that feature. It's serving the purpose for me quite well until I decide it's time to invest in GPS. (I think I'll wait until prices come down some more...)

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/14/05 3:17am
Msg #82341

Forgot to mention that sometimes the beta version freezes up and won't print. grrrrrr!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.