Notary Rotary
Yoo Hoo - I passed my HUD Reac Inspector Exam
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Margaret_FL on 12/13/05 10:23pm
Msg #82312

I spent all last week in Washington,DC at HUD to take the class and the HUD REAC certification exam.
Just got the email today that I passed!!! This exam was the hardest test I have ever taken, it was tough.

I will start work in January, I wish everyone good luck in the notary biz, but I am done

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/13/05 10:32pm
Msg #82314

Congrat's to you and good luck in you new job! n/m

Reply by SignerCA on 12/13/05 10:56pm
Msg #82316

You must feel very proud of yourself. Good luck.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 12/13/05 11:15pm
Msg #82327

I am, I have been doing inspections just as long as I have been doing signings and I have seen the writing on the wall. The NNA has managed to saturate my area and the pay is less and less for the same amount
of time. I am not driving 1hr to and 1 hr home with 1-2 hours at the borrowers home for $50, I wont even do it for that in my backyard. After spending the last 2 days waiting on docs that never show up.

Reply by debi on 12/14/05 7:04am
Msg #82345

Congrats to you. I know it was hard. Maybe you can pass along your knowledge to us. Congrats again and I look forward to talking to you Debi

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/14/05 7:16am
Msg #82347

Congratulations to you Margaret! I'm sure you will do very well in your new career. Have a great holiday!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 12/14/05 8:00am
Msg #82357

An excellent achievement Margaret. Good luck in your new endeavor.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/14/05 8:28am
Msg #82364

Ditto on your excellent achievement, Margaret!

Here's a dividing between the girls and the GIRLS!

Margaret's test prep and time in class were weighty investments. This is a real example of success being 20% inspiration and 80% perspiration.

Many happy returns on your investment!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 12/14/05 8:42am
Msg #82372

Brenda, I know you also do inspections. Have you started your HUD REAC application?

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/14/05 8:48am
Msg #82375

**Have you started your HUD REAC application?**

Yes, Lawrence and I was approved to go....but the rubber hit the road when I realized all that would be involved. Not sure if that's the route I plan to go. Do I really want to do that long and often enough to justify it? Not sure.

Have you got your REAC certification?

Reply by LawrenceOK on 12/14/05 9:07am
Msg #82382

In the works, but I kinda have the same feelings as you do, but! I do have four reservations within a 200 mile radius of me. I was a certified Hud appraiser and I have a few other things in the fire as well.

Reply by Allison_Mich on 12/14/05 9:39am
Msg #82416

Congratulations Margaret!

Enjoy the new career. Feel free now to share your great companies with those who are still doing the notary business; now that you aren't our competition. I am in Michigan so I can't be too much competition Smiley

take care

Reply by Margaret_FL on 12/14/05 10:28am
Msg #82429

Hi Lawrence,

HUD REAC does not do Indian Reservations anymore, too much of a hassle, like no street addresses, you had to use a handheld GPS and put your coordinates in the computer for HUD. Other agencies within the goverment are looking to do housing inspection per REAC protocol. This would include Military housing.
Multi-Family housing will be added to the REAC system also first of next year. They are not using contractors anymore, it is all an auction system. The is only 1 REAC inspector within 500 miles of me, so I was told there is plenty of work. I am in the process of setting up my corp, getting Fed IDnumber, General Liability, etc. I have networked with other REAC inspectors across the country and email back and forth questions all the time. You can also market Pre-Reac Inspections as long as you don't do the actual REAC inspection. People are charging $100 an hour plus travel to do these. Most of the people there were in the house inspector business and see the potential for extra revenue for their company.
There were 8 in my class and the networking was great

Reply by LawrenceOK on 12/14/05 8:44pm
Msg #82633

Hi Margaret,

Your right about no address's on those reservations, a real pita. As far a I know, there are only two certified REAC inspectors in my whole state. I have some things going with the Oklahoma DHS's section 8 Housing, and urban renewal projects, which all need inspections.

And just a little tid-bit for all of you wanting to get into inspections. A lot of the insurance companies that are offering commercial inspections are getting just as bad, if not worse then some $50 SS's. Wanting you to travel all over hells acres and back, spending a minimum of 3 hours inspecting the facility and interviewing the insured all for a whopping $80 bucks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.