Notary Rotary
*** 2000 Free Business Cards ***
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Harry [NR] on 12/9/05 2:58am
Msg #81358

Please join us in testing new functionality! The first 20 qualifying respondents will receive 2000 color business cards. To be eligible, you must:

1) Be a Premier Member at the time of your request,
2) Have a complete notary profile, including a picture/logo and comments,
3) Be a Notary Rotary supporter and willing to recommend our web site,
4) Not have already taken advantage of this offer, and
5) Be among the first 20 notaries to make it through our Business Card Builder.

In addition, we ask that you NOT take advantage of the offer simply because the cards are free. If you already have an ample supply of your own cards and you like them, please leave this offer to others.

Finally, if you choose to participate, you MUST be EXTREMELY careful when building your cards. Make sure all information is entered correctly and in the proper case. If you enter YOUR NAME in all CAPS, it will be printed in ALL CAPS. We will NOT be correcting anything and we WILL delete any entries that contain obvious typographical or spelling errors, causing you to lose your qualifying spot.

To get started, simply visit your HOME page on our site (you must be logged in) and, if the FREE BUSINESS CARDS! graphic is still displayed, click it for further instructions.

Best regards,
Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/9/05 6:26am
Msg #81365

Harry,
I filled out the form and it keeps telling me that since I don't have a website, bullet 5 needs to be filled out with my e-mail addy. I've tried submitting several times and it won't go thru. Any suggestions?

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/9/05 6:52am
Msg #81369

got it....nevermindSmiley

Reply by Laura Upton on 12/9/05 6:43am
Msg #81368

everything worked great! thank you so much! i really really appreciate it and i cant wait to see them! laura

Reply by NM_CO on 12/9/05 6:54am
Msg #81370

Thanks Harry!!

Reply by SSEmobile on 12/9/05 11:14am
Msg #81429

Thanks Harry!! This is a great idea!

They will be included in a mailing I'm doing right after the first of the year to TCs, SSs, Attorneys and other offices.

I hope you won't mind me using nearly all of the first 1000! :o]

Reply by caroleMI on 12/9/05 6:59am
Msg #81371

Thank you so==== much.

Reply by SLP_VA on 12/9/05 7:27am
Msg #81375

Thank you Harry!

Reply by hcampersFL on 12/9/05 8:41am
Msg #81389

Harry Thank you so much for this opportunity! I have been debating about business cards. I wanted something new and this will be perfect. Don't worry I will recommend you and your site. Beverly

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/9/05 8:53am
Msg #81393

Gee! Harry I just got new cards Darn! lol nm

Reply by Gavi on 12/9/05 9:10am
Msg #81395

Thanks Harry Smiley

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/9/05 9:21am
Msg #81401

Re: Thanks Harry. I just ran out of biz cards on Tuesday.

Reply by RayWyatt_Cal on 12/9/05 9:52am
Msg #81414

Thank you very much Harry.... N/M

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/9/05 9:59am
Msg #81416

I tried to request the cards and it told me the message might be truncated when I clicked the Review Order Button that was the only option except cancel

Reply by Harry [NR] on 12/9/05 11:09am
Msg #81426

Great! That's probably a small bug. I will check the log file later and get it corrected. Glad you got your second attempt to work, though.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/9/05 10:16am
Msg #81418

I do not know what was wrong the first time, but I got it to go through the second time.
Thanks

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/9/05 10:24am
Msg #81419

Nice Cards and a most generous offer

I have my own business cards but this is most generous. The topic of business cards springs up periodically and this should solve a lot of the questions. Happy Holiday's Harry!

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/9/05 10:49am
Msg #81423

Re: Gracias!

I learned how to scan my picture! I do need the cards, Thank You so much.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/9/05 10:47am
Msg #81422

Thanks Harry! I will continue to recommend your site and now I can do it with my new business cards!!! Smiley Feels like xmas already!!!

Reply by Becky Plowman on 12/9/05 11:35am
Msg #81436

What a pleasant surprise. Thank you so much!

Reply by Danny_FL on 12/9/05 12:14pm
Msg #81457

Wont let me complete the form. States the information in the address block is not valid. Well, I put no address in there and put the counties I service instead.

**shrugs**

Anyway, nice job and it all looks great.

Danny

Reply by Harry [NR] on 12/9/05 3:06pm
Msg #81496

The system validates the address provided against a USPS database. If it does not appear to be a valid mailing address, you will not be able to proceed. Newer subdivisions may not validate. Also, if you are typing your address in a non-standard way, it may not check-out.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by Jon Ludwig on 12/9/05 1:30pm
Msg #81483

Thanks!

Reply by DellaCa on 12/9/05 3:58pm
Msg #81517

Thank you Harry

Reply by Mike_AZ on 12/9/05 8:52pm
Msg #81571

Your biz card helps people find my competition

Why the heck would I give a NotRot card out to anyone?

So they can find cheaper notaries in my area?

I think not.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 12/9/05 11:12pm
Msg #81598

Re: Your biz card helps people find my competition

I thought this would be self-evident to everyone. Guess not. Here goes...

1) Long-term vision and simple mathematics. Suppose 2000 cards are given to 100 signing agents in 100 different cities who contract with 100 different companies. Further suppose that 60 of those companies are national and the other 40 are regional and local. Further suppose that 40% of those companies are completely unaware of Notary Rotary and that, on the average, each schedules 40 signings per day. Further suppose that 50% of the other 60% know about us, but have forgotten about us or have not been to the site in a couple years. This is not a zero-sum game; in theory, there is considerably more business for everyone.

2) Confidence in your own abilities and willingness to help others. We know many, many notaries who a) Refer their clients to our site, and b) Refer their clients to other notaries on our site. Generally, in our experience, those are the notaries who keep their clients. If an SS calls for a Friday night signing and the notary is booked, rather than saying, "Sorry, can't help you. Saturday is open, though." They might say, "Sorry, I have three signings that night. Would it be possible to reschedule?" "No, it has to happen on Friday." "Have you tried Notary Rotary? I sometimes refer overflow to Sally - she is listed on their site." It seems that the SS's often remember notaries who are not entirely self-interested, in many cases making them the go-to call for an area.

3) The fact that they are, after all, free and are more specific to notary affairs than what you will find at somewhere like Vistaprint. For the cost of paperclips, you are building goodwill with your clients AND increasing the level of referrals other Notary Rotary members receive, the vast majority of whom are outside your market.

Lastly, on the subject of "cheaper" notaries... We have some fairly strong viewpoints on the value of a qualified notary signing agent and have a number of initiatives in the works that promote higher fees and that properly recognize today's expenses. Some of these initiatives relate more directly to the "cheap" company who helps promulgate the phenomenon of "cheaper" notaries -- we are doing what we can. The bottom line, however, is that it is very much an open market and companies largely get what they pay for. Caveat emptor. Of course, many have already learned this lesson and purposefully avoid "cheaper" notaries.

Harry
Notary Rotary, Inc.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/10/05 10:54am
Msg #81673

Re: *** 2000 Free Business Cards *** Harry

So...if the offer to the first 20 is now complete, when will you post how to order cards through you, and the cost?

I missed this post to get the free offer (I think - as there's nothing on my home page) and don't like the cards I have now.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.