Notary Rotary
$50 signings....I know, an old topic!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by RayWyatt_Cal on 12/16/05 9:12pm
Msg #83102

I had a SS call me today and start the conversation with "How long have you been a notary and how many loans have you signed?" When I told him, that I was new but fully capable of doing quality work he said he had a job for me that paid $50 for a first and $25 more for the second. I informed him that I have as much business as I can handle right now at $75 and $50 for what he needed..... I thanked him for the offer but was not interested in his signing. His reply? "Not a problem" I agreed and hung up.... No disrespect on either part, there just was no deal to be struck as neither one of us wanted to sway from our price. My wife and I have signed 5 this week, considering that we both have full time jobs, that is plenty for us.... I do not have as much experience as many of you that have been doing this for some time, but that does not imply that I will work for next to nothing. I have turned down 3 or 4 $50 signings in the last month. It would be more like 10 but the SS decided to meet my price after a short conversation. It is just not worth it for us to accept what they are offering to start. I am sure there are SA's that will take these "all I can pay is" signings and if they need the work that bad then they should take then. Everyone has to put food on the table. They should also develop some bargaining skills to put more food on the table!

In any profession there is always going to be newbie’s.... Someone has to replace the people that leave the business for whatever reason. Be nice to the new guys, everyone was one once! It’s not a new concept! :-)

I have learned more from this forum than I did in the 12 hr class I attended early this year. Thank you to all who have helped me, you know who you are. And for those that do not know me, thank you as well, your posts to this forum have given me more insight and ideas than you know.

Like saying not for that price!

Happy and Safe Holidays to all!

Don’t forget those who are away from their loved ones this season, not by choice but by their dedication to protect and serve!

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/16/05 9:39pm
Msg #83103

>>>"Don’t forget those who are away from their loved ones this season, not by choice but by their dedication to protect and serve!"<<<

You can donate new and used paperbacks to our troops via Operation Paperback.
http://www.operationpaperback.org

FROM OPERATION PAPERBACK'S WEBSITE:

Operation Paperback is a non-profit, grassroots program of family, personal friends and web friends who collect gently used books and send them to American troops deployed overseas.

Many of our troops are serving far from home and living in facilities that provide few of the comforts of home. There is very little for servicemen and women to do at the end of the duty day, and the opportunity to escape into a good book is welcomed. Every week we receive thanks from servicemen and women who are glad to be appreciated and remembered.

Our service members make sacrifices every day for our country. It takes so little to let them know that we appreciate what they are doing for us. When you join in Operation Paperback, you will let our troops know that you support them, and you have not forgotten them.

Please go to http://www.operationpaperback.org and share your books with our troops.

Reply by Mung/CA on 12/16/05 10:36pm
Msg #83108

just turned down $95 w/e-docs in town. n/m

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/16/05 10:56pm
Msg #83110

Re: just turned down $100 w/e-docs in town from SOX. n/m

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/17/05 8:52am
Msg #83119

Ah! "Notary Auction" time, don't you just love it?

Have a Great Weekend Jenny!

Teddog

Reply by Dee_Fla on 12/17/05 9:33am
Msg #83123

LOL!! don't you just love it!! maybe the message is getting across!! <wink>

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/17/05 10:03pm
Msg #83199

Yes, and they act like if I'm crazy. You have a wonderful weekend too Teddog.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/17/05 7:51pm
Msg #83185

Does Sox still pay on the 30-70 days out?

I turn them down every time because they say they haven't changed their pay policy.

They called me 3 times one afternoon to do a 1st & 2nd (30 miles away for $225), I wouldn't do it unless they put in the confirmation that they would pay within 30 days. They wouldn't & I didn't.

Am I out of line demanding to be paid within 30 days ?

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/17/05 10:30pm
Msg #83205

Re: Sox

Yes, it takes about that long to get paid. I didn't sign the contract nor have I signed for them. I asked them to take me off their data base. BTW they still request a copy of the seal to be faxed back. I told the scheduler that in CA that is illegal.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/17/05 9:40pm
Msg #83196

What the heck??? They told me $65 with edocs, that they couldn't go any higher anymore!! what a rip off!! That I was going to be put on their "Emergency Only" list, because I wanted $125 with edocs for a 90miles round trip. I thought I was giving them a fat bargain. They said I was too expensive. SHEESH!

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/17/05 10:38pm
Msg #83206

Re: SOX $125

The scheduler did tell me that $125 was for signings in which the SA had to travel further than their local area.

Reply by Aarono Cooper, LLC on 12/17/05 11:45am
Msg #83129

Is anyone getting more than $75 from Notary Pro? I'm considering dropping them as it is not worth waiving the e-docs fee and taking so much time for call-ins and fax-backs.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/17/05 11:55am
Msg #83132

They have called, but I have never done one for them as they would not come up to my fee.

Reply by MonicaFL on 12/17/05 8:23pm
Msg #83187

Let me tell you what I do. when I get an assignment and we are negotiating fees (never, ever less that a $75.00 base fee, + $35.00 for e-docs)) I ask about fax backs. When they say, yes, we require, blah, blah, blah, I tell them that there will be an additional $35.00 fee for that. And, if they tell me that there are no fax backs and the docs come over and there are faxing requirements stated, then I call the signing service tell them what is required and advise them again that there will be a $35.00 faxing fee. If and when they say okay, I them tell them that I need a confirmation to that effect or they can find another notary. Seems to work for me.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/17/05 9:29pm
Msg #83191

That's a great idea. I'm fairly new at this, and not quite sure how to handle fax back and e-doc fees. Thanks for the tip.

Reply by RayWyatt_Cal on 12/27/05 9:39pm
Msg #84747

I have never signed for Notary Pro.
They always try and lowball me. I tell them I am not interested and move on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.