Notary Rotary
*** Rogers, AR 72756 (Benton Cty) 4pm today ***
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Signature Services First American on 12/23/05 11:23am
Msg #84381

Where in AR -- I need someone in Rogers, AR today at 4pm, or anytime I can get today!!! THis is a VIP...877-286-6993- x2452 ask for Shelley Weinman

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/23/05 2:24pm
Msg #84418

If it's a VIP does that mean you're going to actually pay more than 50 bucks?

Reply by Signature Services First American on 12/23/05 3:48pm
Msg #84425

I never offer $50 bucks when I call - unless the signing is immediately local and give 24 notice. I believe in paying for service too, since I am also a signing agent. I ended up being allowed to use an English speaking notary instead of Spanish. My notary asked for her base fee of $65 and I said I would pay her $75; borrower already had the docs. My notary had title experience and was pleased to go.

Shelley

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/23/05 4:25pm
Msg #84429

Well then you're the exception to the rule with FASS. Their reputation on this board is NOT good and in my own personal experience I've only ever been offered $50 to do signings for them AND after many many polite requests via phone to take me out of their system it still took a threatening email to accomplish it.

You may want to check out messages 65652, 33089, 23020, and my personal favorite 38197, which exposed an employee of FASS posting on this board telling us how great $40 signings were and that we should all be doing them.

Reply by sragland on 12/23/05 9:52pm
Msg #84444

Shelly,
Next time you have one in this area, please call me! I work in Rogers AR!!! I was just not on line most of today. Here is my cell # 479-619-7013. I also have 2 back up people that also live in Rogers in case I can't do it (we cover for each other). Benton and parts of Washington counties. Please keep me in mind. I'm a legal assistant in the real estate industry full time (over 10 years experience, 10 yrs + as a notary and 2+ years experience in title work. )

Thanks,
Sherri Ragland

Reply by lonestar_tx on 12/24/05 12:19am
Msg #84465

FASS Lewisville, TX is a SS not a TC

I am sorry I missed you. I will would be pleased to add you to my database.

I am reachable at 877-286-6993 x2452 [e-mail address]

Shelley Kay Weinman
Vendor Relations Recruiter

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/24/05 1:03am
Msg #84469

Re: FASS Lewisville, TX is a SS not a TC

Isn't FASS just a branch of the First American Title Co that is in place so they can take a cut of the signing fees?

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/25/05 6:14pm
Msg #84577

Re: FASS Lewisville, TX is a SS not a TC

Calinotary,

With respect to the Lewisville, Texas office they (First American Title and FASS) are right in the same office. Like the woman from First American Title who called me for a signing was two cubicles over from the woman from FASS who responded to my acceptace of the signing request. Or so she told me.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/24/05 1:05am
Msg #84470

Sragland

Above every post on this board you'll see the following message:

General Discussion
Please use this forum to discuss notarial procedures, share experiences, ask questions of your peers, etc. Please avoid the advertising of your services - that's what your profile is for.

I saw you post something similar in another thread yesterday. If you want to solicit business from these companies it really shouldn't be done on this board.

Reply by sragland on 12/24/05 6:58pm
Msg #84562

Re: Sragland

yes ma'am.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 12/23/05 4:51pm
Msg #84430

I don't know about you Shelly but I treat all of the borrowers like they are VIP's. In fact while I'm there they are. Since the terms of the loan aren't my business as an SA it doesn't matter whether it's a 20k or a 3million loan they all get excellent service. To do any less wouldn't be professional. So the vip carrot doesn't mean anything in my book.

Reply by lonestar_tx on 12/23/05 11:45pm
Msg #84455

What should SS pay? I wore out my knee pads today hehe

Well, you are right. I had little time to communicate how badly I needed to cover this signing. The schedulers all come to me with the signings they can not get for the $50 - $75 base fee, or can not find any takers during the holiday season.

In the interest of my company, I would not want to say I would pay any price, but I did mean to indicate in a subtle way I was willing to pay more.

Had it not been VIP in the company, we would likely have rescheduled for next week. The rate lock was not due to expire until the end of the year, my client just did not want to wait and I was under a lot of pressure to close about 20 same day signings with only 1 other person to help me today and another who was of on vacation.

Unfortunately, most of the same day signings were dun dun dah!!!! E-DOCS of course and everyone wanted to close today.

In dealing with SS you just have to remember, we bring value to the table by bringing work to you. The database fee only allows me to pay so much per signing.

Maybe SS should negotiate a higher contract, to pay notaries more, but notaries can also take the initiative and act as an entrepreneur and generate their own business directly with lenders, builders, fee attorneys and TC. The market will only pay what the consumer will bear. Every good capitalist like you and I knows this to be true.

You may want to check out www.sourceoftitle.com or www.allregs.com or www.legalstop.com

By the time an order reaches me I just want to book it. I look at our profit margin and try not to go negative on the signing, but make as fair an offer of payment I am allowed. I am interested in results: Happy Borrowers, Lenders and Agents I know I can count on.

I plan to go full time as a signer next year and can only hope to negotiate my fees well and receive the kind of treatment I give now to those in the field.

Shelley

Merry Christmas an Happy New Year!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/24/05 5:50am
Msg #84502

Re: What should SS pay? I wore out my knee pads today hehe

"I plan to go full time as a signer next year and can only hope to negotiate my fees well and receive the kind of treatment I give now to those in the field. "

Hopefully if you do go full time you wont have to rely on FASS for your living at $50-75.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/24/05 10:12pm
Msg #84568

Anon, I don't like FASS's low fees or micromanagment either so this is not a kiss-kiss to Shelley - My knee pads are still in the wrapper up on the shelf.

However, Shelley did state **but notaries can also take the initiative and act as an entrepreneur and generate their own business directly with lenders, builders, fee attorneys and TC. ** which is a bit unusual. Some key players in signing services won't even consider that as a possibility ( that the notary can take initiative to get something like this done).

I wonder if Shelley will be able to stand the mundane of only scheduling herself. I bet no. The thrill just won't be there for an adrenaline junkie...which is what I figure you gotta be if you are a scheduler at EOM.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/24/05 10:23pm
Msg #84569

**I look at our profit margin and try not to go negative on the signing, but make as fair an offer of payment I am allowed.**

Shelley, glad to see you mention that profit margin. My mantra is "I don't mind going out of business nearly so bad from having NO business rather than having business that I do not price well enough to keep me out of the red."

Some people don't understand the profit margin. It's up to the person doing the signings to decide what their profit margin is per job and if you don't take care of your own bottom line on each job, no one else will. Accepting "$___ is all I can pay." to define one's own profit margin is not a very good way to take care of your own business IMHO.

======

All this food handling, grocery shopping, gift wrapping, cooking and cleaning is cutting into my notrot time

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.