Notary Rotary
bad experiences with Sign on the X
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/20/05 6:42pm
Msg #83746

Has anyone else had a horrible experience with this company? It literally takes months to get paid, the accounts payable department never returns a message, says they will send out the check and do not. I have called repeatedly about a signing that took place 4/18/05 and still have not been paid.

Reply by celeste/ca on 12/20/05 6:46pm
Msg #83747

You know what is so mind boggling, is that of all the companies that people should not work for it is this one! They have never called me, but since I have started which was about 7 months ago, I have known from the beginning to stay away from them.

Reply by jojo_MN on 12/20/05 7:07pm
Msg #83749

I've done four for them. They usually pay in approx. 8 weeks. Better slow than not at all. I have many, many that are over due by at least three months. Some six.

Reply by John_NCal on 12/20/05 7:13pm
Msg #83751

Re: Do a search and learn all about them! n/m

Reply by Brenda/CA on 12/20/05 7:35pm
Msg #83753

Re: Do a search and learn all about them! n/m

Anon,
Use the orange search button above, type in sign on the x or sox and you will see numerous complaints. This company is also listed on NotaryBeware.com, and on the no no/beware list. Good luck collecting from them.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/20/05 7:48pm
Msg #83756

"Better slow than not at all."

You've been lucky so far. If I were you I'd quit while I was ahead and not do any more for them. On principle alone none of us should be working for them and you're bound to get screwed just like everybody else eventually.

Reply by Becca_FL on 12/20/05 7:39pm
Msg #83754

Where have you been?

This is NOT new news.

Thank God I found this board when I was an embryo in the biz. I was warned about one SS and didn't listen, as I had had good experiences with them. Eventually, I was burned by them.

Reply by NotaryVA on 12/20/05 9:51pm
Msg #83776

Good to know I've done 2 for them - no check yet. So, I guess I will wait to see what happens before I accept anymore calls.

Thanks!

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/21/05 9:41am
Msg #83839

Don't work for their low ball fees. Their edoc offer at least for my area in WI didn't even approach $75. This was for a 45 mile one way trip. Plus the only determining factor to get paid is how much you want to beg 90 days after the work. So keep that in mind when they offer you a job. Plus, time, travel even if it is down the block. All the faxes and long distance phone calls quickly add up to more. Since I told them I could not do a signing for that amount they said I would be put on their "emergency only" list. I guess I don't have to worry about calls anymore!!

Reply by Jtvale on 12/21/05 6:33pm
Msg #83957

I'm having a bad experience as we speak. They called be at 5:45pm for a 7pm signing. It's now 7:30pm and they still have not sent the e-docs to be printed. I could not get the person who contaced me on the phone (or anyone else for that matter). Finally the receptionist put me through to someone in Quality Control who told me that these things sometimes happen and that I should contact the borrower to let them know there is a delay.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/21/05 10:43pm
Msg #83991

Welcome Virgin

U have been used!

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/21/05 10:48pm
Msg #83993

SOX is bad news - that was one of the VERY first ...

lessons I learned on the first day I tuned into a forum. This forum did not have a search button back then. I started at the beginning and went forward message by message. There were only about 4000 back then...but SOX had their place even then.

It pays to read everything you can get you hands on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.