Notary Rotary
computer problem
Notary Discussion History

computer problem
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by jb/MD on 12/7/05 4:17pm
Msg #80996

computer problem

I subscribe to a program that lets me get on my office pc, but the site seems to be down. Does anyone use "gotomypc.com" Is the site up? I wonder if something (a setting maybe) in Norton is making it impossible for me. I didn't change anything.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/7/05 4:27pm
Msg #80997

we use gotomypc also and the site is not down, just tried it. Norton shouldn't stop access to the site. The only thing I can figure is that your pc at work needs to be running to access it.

Reply by jb/MD on 12/7/05 4:32pm
Msg #80998

thanks for checking - if there is a problem at the office it says the office pc is offline. Now I just get a screen that says The page cannot be displayed, and in the blue bar it says Cannot find server.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/7/05 4:54pm
Msg #81000

wierd! does this work for you?

https://www.gotomypc.com/en_US/entry.tmpl?_sid=57452197%3A0A69BAE742CF15B&Action=rgoto&_sf=2

Reply by jb/MD on 12/7/05 5:17pm
Msg #81003

nope same thing, i can't even link to it through google.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/7/05 5:19pm
Msg #81005

well....looks like you're not getting onto your pc for awhile, or you're going in....hate when that happens!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/7/05 8:23pm
Msg #81052

FWIW, I tried gotomypc and I didn't like it. Slow response from their servers. So I tried LogMeIn (http://www.LogMeIn.com). This one is great. It even works over corporate firewalls, routers and such. And it was extremely fast in painting the screen images. I've had 'customers' install it on their PC so I can control their PC from my desk to help them with some of these ongoing printer problems and file searches. And what's nice, you can still use the internet connection for uploading and download, email and file transfers while you're connected to the target PC.

Best of all, they have a free version that will do what most people need.

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/8/05 12:17am
Msg #81100

I just installed the LogMeIn - pretty neat! Thanks!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.