Notary Rotary
just starting
Notary Discussion History

just starting
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by b.l. beck on 12/2/05 12:47pm
Msg #79900

just starting

I'm just going to get sworn in today and I'm having my seal fed ex'd to me tomorrw. I was wondering in anyone's experienced opinion if I will have less luck of being called to work as either a loan signor or notaru if both those spots are blank on my profile? please advise.
thanks Betina

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/2/05 12:57pm
Msg #79902

Betina, my dear, you are a sitting duck. Quick, call NotaryClasses.com and tell them you've posted this question on NotaryRotary regarding your profile and get their advice. Quick, before you get eaten alive.

Seriously, you've got a lot to learn. First, your profile is blank. That's bad. There's no information there to interest a signing service at all. Second, you have no experience at all. Do you have ANY background in the mortgage industry or real estate services? Third, do a search and read thread 33325 ALL of it.

Make sure you know your stuff before you venture out into signings like you did on this forum....a deer in headlights, waiting to get hit.

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/2/05 1:51pm
Msg #79931

Please also read post # 76283 before you venture into this business.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/2/05 1:03pm
Msg #79905

Re: just starting - One other thought.

You speak 4 languages. That's pretty special. I'm not sure how many Russian or Croation signings there are out there, but speaking Spanish is a definite plus. I would seek to exploit that one plus you have going for you.

Reply by Calnotary on 12/2/05 1:05pm
Msg #79909

Me interesaria saber su dominio del Espaņol, porque quiza este como esta el mio en el dominio
de Ruso.

Reply by b.l. beck on 12/2/05 1:08pm
Msg #79911

Why do you say sitting duck? what do you think I should do? I took the notary classes and the loan signing class with Joan Bergtrom. Please tell me what more you think I should do?

Reply by Anonymous on 12/2/05 1:20pm
Msg #79918

look at the other SA profiles on this site. And then you can get a clue of what to put in your profile.

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/2/05 1:24pm
Msg #79920

Joan Bergstrom is an excellent instructor. Once you have passed the AP (APN & CSA) exam,
they will send you a certification certificate. You will also get an ID card from them and a free listing on thenotarylist.com. Use that certification on every profile. Then go to 123Notary.com and take the online certification test ($19) that includes the e-book study guide. Get yourself listed on that site, gomobilenotary.com, and 123 notary.com. Make sure you list all your certifications everytime. Also, get a membership to the NNA (www.nationalnotary.com), and list that as well.

There is a sample profile in the "How to become a wildly successful Loan Signing Agent book, that you should have received for your loan signing class with Joan. It can be located on Page 43 of the first edition.

I hope this helps.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 12/2/05 1:24pm
Msg #79921

beck, knowing Joan's posts here I would think she would have covered that in class. In all seriousness Titlegal gave you great advice, it may not sound like alot but once you go to message 33325 you'll see that it's a wealth of knowledge.

Reply by SoCal_Money on 12/2/05 1:45pm
Msg #79925

I took Joan's class

I also took Joan's class. 75% of the class was marketing. I thought it was wonderful and got tons of ideas from it. My book ( included in the class ) has tons of notes and post its because it had sooo much info in it. It covers everything! Go through it and really use the ideas that are included. I was expecting to get my first signing a couple of months after getting my commission, but I started getting calls right away. It may not seem like much at first but I've talked to some of the others that were in my class. The ones that "really haven't done much", haven't gotten ONE call.

Reply by BetsyMI on 12/2/05 6:41pm
Msg #80017

Now correct "efficeintly" in your profile...

Good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.