Notary Rotary
printer
Notary Discussion History

printer
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Rochelle Malliett on 12/20/05 5:32pm
Msg #83742

printer

Hello I have read just about every message on the forum info is great. I have one question, I have The 4 in one Dell 952 how can I compare it to the HP PCL 6 that is often recomended? I have called Dell ANd HP.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/21/05 10:45pm
Msg #83992

HP PCL 6 is how the printer emulates print language. PAW_FL seems to be pretty up to speed on this. Perhaps try email him directly for advice.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/22/05 7:21am
Msg #84053

I'm not familiar with the Dell 952, but most of the Dell's 4-in-1 printers are inkjet printers. Inkjet printers do not support PCL5 or PCL6. (PCL is a language, not a type of printer, that is used to control the printer. PCL5 and PCL6 is directly related to laser printers.)

When searching for a compatible printer, limit your searches to laser printers and only those laser printers that support PCL5e (or higher) directly (HP printers only) or through emulation (e.g. Brother).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.