Notary Rotary
problem signings
Notary Discussion History

problem signings
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by MeganCA on 12/13/05 10:46am
Msg #82167

problem signings

This month has been slow for me, as expected, but the 3 out of the 5 signings I have had have been "no signs." The docs have been all wrong, my friend also said that she has had 2 "no signs. " Is this going on with anyone else? These companies need to get the figures right and communicate with clients better. My signing last night cancelled because she hadn't been able to get ahold of anybody for days and just wasn't happy with company.

I hope this ends for me soon. It's getting frustrating.

Reply by Art_MD on 12/13/05 10:50am
Msg #82169

Might be a problem in CA but I haven't run into that problem. Just did a quick check and out of the last 100 only had 2 no signs.

Art

Reply by patricia on 12/13/05 10:51am
Msg #82170

I have noticed that there are more sub-prime loans and I have always found that a large
percentage of these borrowers will say that the fees and terms were not disclosed to them.
Perhaps not, some of the loan reps just send out the paperwork for the loan they can get them and just figure they can take it or leave it.

Reply by Judith Pereira on 12/13/05 11:18am
Msg #82175

I have had 4 no signs already this month.

Reply by REE_NJ on 12/13/05 11:28am
Msg #82183

I have had three no signs this month due to following: 1. missed payoff amount on the HUD for a credit card; 2. documents were for an ARM loan but borrower wanted a Fixed Rate loan, and then; 3. the HELOC required an initial draw which the borrower did not want to do nor was informed of this requirement. After everything was squared away and corrected for the scenarios mentioned above, I have actually went back to meet with each borrower to close on the loan.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 12:25pm
Msg #82199

California here, the only signings I had last week were major problems...made me want to re-think my career choice! Subprime loans and mom and pop brokers with no idea what they are doing. That is what I have experienced this week.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 9:17pm
Msg #82307

I'm new at this and haven't actually started. I'm reading your postings to find a couple of answers. As I'm doing that I'm finding some interesting discussions. Following this line of talk, I have to ask, Is it possible to charge a fee for meeting with the client or do you have to actually sign to charge anything? I
've also seen postings about notaries not getting paid. I was thinking about asking for cash or money order only at the time of the signing. Would there be a problem with doing that?

Reply by MeganCA on 12/14/05 10:00am
Msg #82421

You should always get a trip fee, a min of $35.00 for going out there, and if you printed out docs then a min of $25.00(this is if you are in ca, other states have different fees). Its hard to get cash up front for signings unless the borrower called you directly, which does happen. Otherwise most likely not.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.