Notary Rotary
taxcut or turbotax
Notary Discussion History

taxcut or turbotax
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by April_NY on 12/12/05 12:17pm
Msg #81945

taxcut or turbotax

I have been using taxcut the past few years. I like it. Just wondering if people prefer one over the other? And if I have been using taxcut and switch to turbotax this year, will it transfer the data like taxcut will from one year to the next?

Reply by ColleenCA on 12/12/05 12:37pm
Msg #81946

Turbotax Premier is the one I use. It is for personal and business use requirements.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/12/05 1:10pm
Msg #81955

I don't know taxcut but I can say that I like my TurboTax and have not felt a need to look at other products. It interfaces with my QuickBooks Pro and it does interact with previous years.

Reply by Danny_FL on 12/12/05 1:18pm
Msg #81956

Ive been with Turbotax for over 5 years now and never had a reason to go looking for another.

Danny

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/12/05 2:17pm
Msg #81976

I feel the same about taxcut as Charles feels about turbotax. It's the first one I used and never felt a need to change. It handles all the issues that I need it to. Never have been called on the carpet by the IRS for errors.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/12/05 2:18pm
Msg #81978

I should have added

That I have used it since 1990.

Reply by Calnotary on 12/12/05 2:43pm
Msg #81987

Re: I should have added

I been using TAX ACT for my taxes since 1998. I find turbo tax a little more complicated.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/12/05 3:00pm
Msg #81994

Couldn't agree with you more Glenn!

If it works why fix it. As you say it keeps the IRS off my doorstep and that makes it a good product. The same as with you I started with TurboTax further back than I care to relate. In my opinion tax software is a commodity item I'm forced to buy by the government. I'd rather do without but the government has me in bondage for the first quarter of the year with payroll taxes, corporate taxes, income taxes etc etc. It actually puts a major damper on my holiday spirit knowing that my sentence begins January 2 and lasts until April 15th.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/12/05 3:12pm
Msg #81995

Re: Couldn't agree with you more Glenn!

I've used Taxcut for the past few years. Works great and easy to use. Friends of mine use Turbotax and swear by it. I think they are both probably good. I prefer Taxcut, though, because I can always get it at a better deal. I buy it early in the new year when there are rebates. I buy the premiere one.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/12/05 3:38pm
Msg #82002

That's the shame of it, Charles

that taxes are so complicated that we even need software and a computer to figure it out.

Reply by April_NY on 12/12/05 4:52pm
Msg #82011

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Reply by MelissaCT on 12/13/05 10:46am
Msg #82166

TurboTax, hands-down. I've used Turbotax since 1998, with the exception of the year they went to tracking so it could only be installed on a single computer -- that year, I used TaxCut. Switched back to TurboTax as soon as they woke up & stopped the tracking crap. I will be using TurboTax Premiere again this year, and I'm looking forward to it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.