Notary Rotary
what's biz like?...
Notary Discussion History

what's biz like?...
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 2:32pm
Msg #80656

what's biz like?...

I'm slowing to one a day lately...maybe!

Reply by Ilona_OH on 12/6/05 2:35pm
Msg #80659

I've had 2 solid days with having to clean the house and wash the dogs.Quiet days this week but Friday is making up for the rest.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/6/05 2:39pm
Msg #80663

Anon/NY

I had an unusually slow November, not horrible, but not normal but so far December has been gang busters. For me December is usually very busy.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 2:38pm
Msg #80662

This month, I've been doing at least one a day -- sometimes I have two. I turned one down today in the high mountains -- in good weather, it's a 2-1/2 - 3 hr. drive. There are blizzard driving conditions today in both the mountains and the foothills. Watching out the window, the snowflakes are about the size of a dime. At least the 65-70 mph winds from yesterday stopped. It is suppoed to get below zero tonight and the high tomorrow will be 8 degrees, I think they said.

Reply by BP/WV on 12/6/05 2:49pm
Msg #80669

This is kind of getting off topic, but since we're on the topic of weather conditions, what do you wear when the weather is quite nasty? I just cant make those unfashionable snow boots look good with a suit.

BTW, its slow here too. Just down to one a day with only 2 IREPs booked for friday, so far.

Reply by Nd_WA on 12/6/05 2:52pm
Msg #80671

Except for Thansgiving wkend, I've been going steady with 1-3 a day.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 12/6/05 2:56pm
Msg #80676

BP/WV....boots

Try a pair of 'Totes'...they make them in a shin high model and they are really easy to slip on and off, plus they're very light weight. Take 'em off at the door and slip 'em back on when you leave.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 2:58pm
Msg #80678

I just put shower caps on my sandals...

j/k !

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 2:59pm
Msg #80679

Re: I just put shower caps on my sandals...

ok The mental pick that brought up has me laughing so hard I woke my 2 year old up.

Reply by taxpro on 12/6/05 3:07pm
Msg #80682

S..L..O..W....nm

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 3:27pm
Msg #80690

I'm slowing down to vacation.............

Beside I've been having eye trouble lately: just can't see doing work! Christmas is one of my absolute favorite times of the year and I get kind of indolent between thanksgiving and New Year's. There is so much to do and so many places to be and so many people to be with that I just kind of forget about everything until about the week after New Years. After New Year's its kind of like oh my goodness I just blew off a whole month and I go to work with a renewed vengeance! Happy Holidays!!

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/6/05 4:04pm
Msg #80700

Re: What's biz like...

It's been a bit slow, but it's the beginning of the month. Besides I spent a few days down with a cold so slow was good. I've had 2 today and 1, so far, for tomorrow.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 12/6/05 4:05pm
Msg #80701

Re: I'm slowing down to vacation.............

****Beside I've been having eye trouble lately**** Oh come on Charles we all know your eyes are spazing out because you've been sitting in front of the pc, lights down, watching the TSO light display for hours on end. And Charm the shower caps...lolol

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 4:11pm
Msg #80707

OK I've been outed!! Shower caps yeah!

Actually I keep a couple of sets of those booties they use in clean rooms in the back of my car. Sometimes on tour (Real Estate MLS tours) some of the listings specify that no shoes are allowed so instead of taking my shoes off and displaying the holes in my stockings I just slip on those booties: they look a lot like shower caps!! Smiley A lot quicker than having to unlace and relace my shoes. However they wouldn't do much good in snow country.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 4:17pm
Msg #80710

Re: OK I've been outed!! Shower caps yeah!

I was actually cracking up when I thought up the shower cap visual and driving to the store I thought, yeah! slip the shoe in, tie at the ankles with ribbon, whatever color the season is and viola! I am stylin' and profilin'. Get to the signing and throw them in plastic wal-mart bag.

I'm gonna be Rich!!!

Geeze, what boredom is doing to me. Better go do some laundry or something until signing.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 4:20pm
Msg #80712

Thanks for the reminder - I've got clothes in the dryer NM

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/6/05 4:25pm
Msg #80715

Great idea Charles....

I will think about using those shower caps I get from hotels on my shoes when I go in to peoples houses. I have been using them for covers over left over dishes. All through the summer, I eat lots of watermelon and each time I put the rest back in the fridge, I put a shower cap over the pink end. Works great!!!! Just make sure they are not used...yuck!!!

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 4:28pm
Msg #80718

Re: Great idea Charles....OH Wait!...

Don't they have colored saran wrap in various circular sizes that fits over bowls?
Huh? how bout that! Instant fashion statement!

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/6/05 4:29pm
Msg #80719

Yeah, that's how I got the idea to use new shower caps. Ha ha ha!!!

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 4:30pm
Msg #80720

LoL I am sitting here lauging so hard my dogs are cocking hteir heads at me. At least I know what to use to cover my shoes or leftovers with. LOL

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 4:38pm
Msg #80722

Re: Just make sure you don't use the same one for both. nm

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 4:39pm
Msg #80723

That would not be good lol

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 4:41pm
Msg #80725

geeze, all you do is turn it inside out! Don't you people recycle?

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 4:44pm
Msg #80726

You could also wash them they are plastic after all.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 4:46pm
Msg #80727

Wonder if they would melt in the drier? Hmmmmm n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 4:49pm
Msg #80728

Not on 'Fluff'....

ok, I'm way past silly, have a great evening all, gonna go grab a sandwich and I'm off Smiley

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 4:51pm
Msg #80730

Re: Not on 'Fluff'....

Better make sure i set the drier on fluff then. Wouldn't want to have to explain that to the hubby.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/6/05 4:50pm
Msg #80729

Sooo, this is what full-time SA's do in their off time....

Booties and Saran Wrap. Hm, suddenly this condominium plan I'm reviewing doesn't look so bad......

Smiley

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 4:55pm
Msg #80732

Re: Sooo, this is what full-time SA's do in their off time....

I'm taking a timeout before I yank all the Christmas tree lights off the tree and throw them outside in the snow bank.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 4:57pm
Msg #80733

No don't do that then you'll definitely have to start all over.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/6/05 4:57pm
Msg #80734

Aargh...lights. Breathe.....and have an eggnog (then get your husband to fix them) Smiley

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 5:02pm
Msg #80735

We had to buy new ones this year and we had to go to like 4 different stores to find the ones my hubby wanted so they better work. If not maybe I can use the colored saran wrap instead lol.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 6:33pm
Msg #80743

The tree is mine because he has less patence than I do when it comes to the lights. They would have been thrown out long before now if it were him doing the tree.

Growing up, Mom made us put icicles on one-by-one. They had to be neatly placed over the branches. One time Dad called her and said he was going to decorate the tree. I swear, he must have stood and just thown the lights and decorations -- worse were the icicles which were more apparent that he stood back and grabbed a handful and threw -- they were just in clumps all over the tree. We always had to save the icicles and use year-after-year. The next year we had to go out and buy new ones and Dad was never allowed to decorate the tree again.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/6/05 6:37pm
Msg #80746

We could have been raised by the same Mom, Carolyn....

Howver, only SHE was allowed to do the icicles one by one on our Tree. We kids sat back in awe and watched her put the last touch on the tree...it was a sacred thing, Mom's icicles.

Now, I wouldn't have an icicle to save my soul.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 6:41pm
Msg #80751

Re: We could have been raised by the same Mom, Carolyn....

I don't use icicles to this day, either. They are a bigger PITA than my lights.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 7:13pm
Msg #80764

A tree without icicles is like lemonade without lemon! NM

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/6/05 7:15pm
Msg #80765

A Tree WITH Icicles is like that syrupy sweet frosting on...

store bought cakes! Out of date and out of touch!!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 7:29pm
Msg #80770

Ok, Uncle, I give. Anyway the sun is well over the yardarm

and I'm off for my afternoon grog! I knew there was a reason why I hated store bought cakes: haven't had one in years! Anyway enjoy your barren tree, I'm not setting one up this year, for a change I'm going to enjoy someone elses! I suspect that the reason I like the iciclye on the tree is that I was brought up in snowy climes. There is something about the forest in winter. Did you know that you can actually hear snow flakes hit the surce and if they hit water they sizzle. I've alway enjoyed Whittier's poems on the state of the forest in winter. I digress but to me, coming home from skiing or hunting in the woods at dusk in the winter and seeing the snow-covered branches and icicles hanging from them in the dead stillness evokes very deep and pleasant childhood memories!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 5:23pm
Msg #80736

Yeah, I'm giving away way too many personal secrets. Byt the way Carolyn I saw a device in Home depot that can detect where the current stops flowing and therefore dead chritmas tree lights individually. Maybe that will save your lights form the snowbank!

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 6:38pm
Msg #80747

Thanks Charles. He has several volt meters, but as I told TG, it's better to either live with the dead bulbs or continue trying to find replacement bulbs that fit the different strings of lights.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 4:51pm
Msg #80731

Recycling is one thing, but IMO not when it comes to covering food with something that has been on my shoes/feet first -- regardless of the fact that it has been turned inside out. Don't think it would fly with the other half either.

Reply by Mike_NJ on 12/6/05 6:05pm
Msg #80739

Business is at the same pace as 2004, my steady clients keep me rocking. December as of today 17 signings.

What I have noticed is SS calls only come @ EOM now and no SS has called in December yet.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.