Notary Rotary
CA Jurat Stamp
Notary Discussion History

CA Jurat Stamp
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by WWCALIF on 2/24/05 10:24pm
Msg #22301

CA Jurat Stamp

Just purchased the new CA Jurat Stamp. Should I line out the old notarial wording if I stamp the new CA Jurat Stamp on the same page? TIA

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/25/05 2:22am
Msg #22369

Good question...

Good question, but of course I am in Tx.

I have thought about that myself because I get the occasional incorrect jurat and use my Jurat Stamp.

I don't like to line through the certificate though. (It looks ugly.)

There is nothing in the notary rules of Texas against leaving the certificate so I have not given further thought to it.

I will be interested to see the answer.

Reply by Jon on 2/25/05 11:08am
Msg #22421

Re: Good question...

I always line through the incorrectly worded certificate, and put "See Attached" on the notary signature line. Less chance of them saying I forgot to notarize that page.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/25/05 11:14am
Msg #22426

Re: Good question...

Very good point. One well taken, Jon.

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/25/05 9:07am
Msg #22394

Yes, I do believe you can cross out the old, and stamp the new. You may also cross out the old and write in the new if you don't have a stamp, or attach a looseleaf Jurat with the new wording. That is my understanding of it, but please, any other more experienced in Calif. please verify. Thanks.

Reply by WW/CA on 2/25/05 11:23am
Msg #22427

Just contacted the NNA and they said to cross out the old wording and print, stamp, or attach the new Jurat. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.