Notary Rotary
Can't get any signings
Notary Discussion History

Can't get any signings
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by tlc Fl on 2/15/05 7:50am
Msg #20650

Can't get any signings

I am some what new to this I was working for a company that went out of Business.
I live in Fl and I am not having any luck getting any signings.

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/15/05 8:23am
Msg #20652

I hear ya! I have been trying since November and can't get one. I am marketing myself everyday, commiting to signing up with 3 SS's or Title Co's per day. I really don't know what more I can do. I conducted a search of notaries in my area, and the depressing number was over 1500 within 20 miles! I can only imagine that this is the problem. All I can suggest is to keep plugging along and hopefully something will come our way. Good luck.

Reply by Susie/CA on 2/15/05 12:23pm
Msg #20662

Colleen . . 1500 within 20 miles!!!!!!!!!? Wow . . .although It doesn't surprise me (here in S.CA) . . I am curious as to where you are located? Do you have a regular job ?

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/15/05 1:37pm
Msg #20666

Hi. I am in an area of Ventura County, Simi Valley. The distance includes portions of the San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles County). Yes, fortunatelly I have a very good job, so I am not starving, but wanting to change careers. Where are you located?

Reply by Susie/CA on 2/15/05 1:47pm
Msg #20668

I am in San Gabriel Valley and service Los Angeles County and N. Orange County.

Reply by Susie/CA on 2/15/05 2:16pm
Msg #20670

My last post didn't post.

I too would LOVE to change careers and do this full time! But I keep my day job for security as I am a single mom and can't afford the risk. I do make really good money doing this on the side and I am lucky that my job is flexible and allows me to take time off to do them when scheduling conflicts arise.

I guess I got established before the influx of new notaries from the NNA and other promoters. If I had a spouse or significant other to fall back on I would feel more comfortable taking a risk and heading into this full time. The market in S.CA is saturated to say the least and many that are flourishing will soon if they don't already feel the pinch IMHO. I certainly won't be one to quit my day job! Darn!!

Good Luck to you!

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 2/15/05 1:21pm
Msg #20663

Re: Can't get any signings...Colleen

Colleen
Where are you located?
Although I am not new to this, I receive many calls (I am located in the SF Bay Area).

My area is extremely saturated with very experienced Signing Agents; however, I do receive numerous calls and I just can't take them all. Perhaps I could recommend you.
Let me know where you're located and maybe I can help you out.

Stephanie

Reply by ColleenCA on 2/15/05 1:39pm
Msg #20667

Hi Stephanie. Thanks for wanting to help. Unfortunately I am in Ventura County so being that you are in the bay area, that probably wouldn't work. But, I do thank you for the offer!

Reply by Jan/CA on 2/15/05 3:22pm
Msg #20674

Stephanie, which part of the bay area are you in?

Reply by BK/FL on 2/15/05 8:35am
Msg #20654

Where in FL are you located? It may have a lot to do with your location, being it too overly saturated with experienced notaries or too rural. BK/FL

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 2/15/05 8:44am
Msg #20655

tic FL

Hang in there I got my commission on the 19 of January and I did my first signing on the 7 of February. I did my second one on the 14 of February so it takes awhile.

Reply by Becca_FL on 2/15/05 8:54am
Msg #20656

Where are you in Florida? What Co. were you working for that went OOB?

I'm in Vero Beach, please email me.

Reply by Paul/MD on 2/15/05 9:16am
Msg #20657

Call some local Title Companies.... tell them that you are new to the business, ask to sit in on one of their closings, get the experience.... then leave them your info and tell them that you would be willing to do some afterhour closings or mobile closings for them

Reply by GT1 on 2/15/05 7:20pm
Msg #20702

I own a Nationwide Signing Service and we handle many signings each week in Florida. I would be willing to utilize your service. Don't give up. You can call me at 520-575-6354. Please let us know what counties you are servicing. Best of luck. Greg Talbot-President-Notable Notaries of America, not to be confused or associated with Notary America. Best Regards Greg Talbot

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.