Notary Rotary
How long is the waiting to get your comission
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Joseph_CA on 2/14/05 3:47pm
Msg #20597

I passed my exam on Dec 11, did the live scan on Dec 28, did the Loan Signing Certification but havent heard from SOS. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Reply by Carolyn_CA on 2/14/05 3:56pm
Msg #20598

The wait is about 3 months. I passed my exam in mid-July and did not get my commission until October first. I called the office in Sacramento once during my wait and they said they were backed up, but I got my commission shortly thereafter, so I don't know if my call made a difference or not.

Reply by Jon on 2/14/05 4:02pm
Msg #20599

It normally takes 6 to 8 weeks, however due to the influx of new applicants, it is taking more like 12 to 14 weeks.

Your Loan Signing Certification has nothing to do with receiving your commission.

Reply by Dave_CA on 2/14/05 6:16pm
Msg #20605

If you call the SOS Notary section they will tell you what the test date they are currently working on is. It seems that everything works off the date you took your test.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/14/05 8:51pm
Msg #20617

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest that you take advantage of the waiting time and learn whatever it is that you need to know about being a notary. Learn how to complete acknowledgements and jurats, learn what the proper wording for these documents are so you'll easily be able to recognize the wrong wording on a document, learn how to complete your notary journal properly, stuff like that.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/14/05 9:09pm
Msg #20622

Good suggestion, CaliNotary!

Given the number of posts we've seen here, quite a few new notaries forget everything they learn between the time they take the course(s) and the day they get their commission.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.