Notary Rotary
Loose certificate, yes or no.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Polly_CA on 2/8/05 10:47am
Msg #19758

I did my first notary yesterday(awk) it was pretty simple. There was one thing however that I wasnt sure about, there wasnt enough space on the document for me to write out my name and title. Where it said 'insert name and title of officer' there was a space about this ___ big .
So, I wrote my name in the space above it. Should I have attached a loose certificate, or was this acceptable? It's such a small detail but it's been bugging me all night.

Reply by Tricia on 2/8/05 10:09pm
Msg #19861

Polly, I'm not sure how to answer this for you. I have never signed my name as an "officer" on any document I have notarized. I am always the notary or sometimes the closing agent or signing agent. Without knowing what the document was, my best guess is you signed in a place not meant for you.

Reply by Terri - CA on 2/9/05 2:36am
Msg #19894

Tricia - many documents note to write the notary's name and the "title of the officer" when I come across that I print "T. L. Garner, Notary Public" "Notary Public" is my "Title" I'm a public "official."

If the space is too small, I, too, will write above so that it can be read clearly. I wouldn't necessarily automatically attach a loose acknowledgment certificate.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by Polly_CA on 2/9/05 10:56am
Msg #19919

Thanks Terri

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.