Notary Rotary
Newbie and Yankee Here!!
Notary Discussion History

Newbie and Yankee Here!!
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by lmk/wi on 2/3/05 8:03am
Msg #19292

Newbie and Yankee Here!!

Looking for mobile notaries and/or signing agents to network with in the Central Wisconsin Area. From my investigating this seems to be a new concept around here, and the only people doing this are Realtors or attorneys. Seeing as I work for a Real Estate Company, I cannot network with other Realtors. Note, I am not looking for a "Free" education. I have been researching(especially on this forum) and studying anything I can get my hands on for two months. I am confident in knowing this is something I can do, but am scared sh@#less to do my first signing. I also want to thank all you gurus on here. Just about any question I have had has been answered or pointed me in a direction to get the answer.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 2/3/05 8:38am
Msg #19297

About that real estate part: you can network with other people in the business, just go to [e-mail address]., they run the best real estate forum going. People from all over and all aspects of the business gather there. While there, get your E-Pro designation.

Reply by lmk/wi on 2/3/05 8:46am
Msg #19299

Thanx!! By the way I love this forum. You guys are honest, funny and there for eachother. I only hope I can size up to the experience and knowledge of the people on this forum.

Reply by Roberta on 2/3/05 9:37am
Msg #19304

After going to realtalk web site and signing up......
Is there some way to go to the Forum?????
Thanks

Reply by thnotary_NY on 2/3/05 3:10pm
Msg #19351

Roberta, if u goggle InternetCrusade that should take u to the site that says "Certifcation of Internet Professionlism", about 2/3 down the page u'll see the box that says something like "...join the form". If you're an agent, look into the whole thing. Tell me what u think.

Reply by Jennifer Rundall on 2/3/05 12:20pm
Msg #19332

I think we all were nervous for our first signing. I was and I even had 6 years or mortgage background! So just keep learning all that you can and a do not be shy to ask questions. Good luck to you! Smiley

Reply by jojo_MN on 2/3/05 2:24pm
Msg #19344

Where are you located in Wisconsin?

Reply by lmk/wi on 2/3/05 6:25pm
Msg #19362

I am in Stevens Point. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of Wisconsin. I consider it to be a good place to be for this once I get going.

Reply by jojo_MN on 2/3/05 10:46pm
Msg #19382

Just remember to follow the directions given to you by the company that hires you, whether it is a title company, lender, or signing service. The documents you receive might say to return to the title company or lender, but the signing service might say to send it to them. ALWAYS do what the company that hired you asks. Many companies will withhold part of your pay, if not all of it if you don't follow directions. Go thru the documents at the table page by page before you leave because it is very easy to make a mistake and miss something. It is easier to take five more minutes than to have to come back again at your expense to redo the entire loan package because of a mistake. And if you do make a mistake, usually you can just exchange the borrowers copy with the one in the loan package.

Most of all, relax. I was so nervous the first time, that I was ready to quit halfway through the signing. Each one gets better. I've done almost 500 now and absolutely love it. You might get some companies that are slow paying, or don't get your documents on time, or don't bother telling you that the loan isn't going to happen until five minutes before. They are the ones that let you down, but remember--there are many, many more good companies to work for that make up for the few.

Sorry if I'm not making sense--and probably more than you're looking for-it's been a long day.

Have fun!

Reply by Tina on 2/4/05 8:47pm
Msg #19464

I am a Yankee too and love it.

Reply by dmathews_CA on 2/4/05 4:55pm
Msg #19447

I too am a newbie. Have yet to do a signing or ride along.

I recently discovered a company (Notary Access Association, notaryaccess.org) here in So. Cal. that provides mentoring services. Not sure how far they stretch their services across the country.

Has anyone heard of this company or had any expierence with same?

Dick

Reply by Anonymous on 2/6/05 11:53pm
Msg #19601

Hi, I'm a newbie also and felt alittle nervous with my first signing but feel more confident afterwards. Try doing some individual signings first to get your feet wet. Put your business cards in your local markets and cleaners. Also give them to your friends. I did some signings for a doctor who happened to get my card from an employee he had. Don't tell people you are a new notary ( some people might be a little sceptical to use you). Take your time and be as careful as you want. Individual signings are less stressful when you are justing starting out.
Good Luck!!!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.