Notary Rotary
Off topic- Trivia- I'm bored!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 2/18/05 2:53am
Msg #21141

Stuff every Notary should know, to help be a good conversationalist. (or when the silence is deafening).

The electric chair was created by a dentist.

All Polar Bears are left-handed.

In anccient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eye lashes.

An Ostrich's egg is bigger than it's brain.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.

"GO" is the shorest complete sentence in the English language.

If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.

A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

The cigartette lighter was invented before the match.

Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.

Almost everyone who reads this Trivia message will try to lick their elbow.

Don't forget to pass these weird words to everyone you know. They will get a kick out of it!! You tried to lick your elbow, didn't you?

Reply by HisHughness on 2/18/05 11:16am
Msg #21174

Anonymous claimed:

***"GO" is the shorest complete sentence in the English language.***

"Go" is only one of several two-letter sentences. Others include "Do" and "Be." Nor is it necessarily the shortest sentence; witness the following:

"Okay, who accepted that $40 signing?"

"I."

Now, having disposed of that issue, who can tell me what the following have in common?

Mom
Noon
Radar
Deified
Able was I ere I saw Elba (for the non-history-oriented, Elba was the island on which Napoleon was exiled)
A man, a plan, a canal -- Panama!

If you already know the answer, you are disqualified. If you have to figure it out, you're eligible.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 2/18/05 11:57am
Msg #21195

Based on Past Posting History...

...I'm fairly certain the answer has something to do with a buxom woman & a bass boat.

Reply by HisHughness on 2/18/05 12:03pm
Msg #21197

Re: Based on Past Posting History...

Dennis speculates:

***...I'm fairly certain the answer has something to do with a buxom woman & a bass boat.***

I have a secret I'll share: Actually, I don't fish.

Now, what that says about me and big-chested women I will leave you to your own devices to decide.

Reply by Anonymous on 2/18/05 9:24pm
Msg #21304

Re: Based on Past Posting History...

if you first got to know the lady for what's inside he, you might find that you don't need the liquor store, bass boat or her big chest

Reply by Shane_IN on 2/18/05 12:39pm
Msg #21201

I think it has something to do with sexual positions Smiley Some like them forward, some like them backward, but they are actually both the same.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/18/05 1:22pm
Msg #21204

Hugh,

Hmm, could it be that the words (or phrases) spelled backwards are the same as when spelled forwards? And yes I (sort of) figured it out. But then I guess I (sort of) knew also.

You could have put the response to your previous question (I) in your list too!!

Reply by HisHughness on 2/18/05 4:00pm
Msg #21237

Correct answer: They are all palindromes, which are words or phrases that a spelled the same way forwards or backwards.

Shane, get your mind -- and any other applicable portions of your anatomy -- out of the gutter.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/18/05 4:09pm
Msg #21239

Hugh admonished: "Shane, get your mind -- and any other applicable portions of your anatomy -- out of the gutter."

ROLITFL LOL LOL!!!!

Mr. Pot, Are you not calling Mr. Kettle black???

Reply by Charm_AL on 2/18/05 4:23pm
Msg #21242

ROFL! - good call Brenda Smiley

Reply by Shane Teach on 2/18/05 10:17pm
Msg #21313

Settle down old timer.... I didn't want to give away the answer, so I simply used something that anyone that knew the answer would understand, and anyone that didn't, would just chuckle...

I almost thought Hugh had a sense of humor..... apparently I was way off on this one... Its alright old man, the newer younger guys got a laugh, and we still like having ya around lol.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.