Notary Rotary
PA Settlement Services
Notary Discussion History

PA Settlement Services
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Mary Pierce on 2/28/05 12:24pm
Msg #22852

PA Settlement Services

Has anyone done work for this company? I just got a call from them to do a signing tonight.

Reply by Joseph_CA on 2/28/05 12:27pm
Msg #22854

If this company is in the no no list, will you still do the tonight signing? I m not saying so, but how can we check for a company reputation before commiting to do a job?

Joseph

Reply by BarbaraM_CA on 2/28/05 1:02pm
Msg #22858

I bought a PDA and I keep a database of all the companies mentioned on the boards, with comments and various "tidbits". I can access it in seconds if need be. (I have nothing on PA Settlement Services)

Reply by Mike/NJ on 2/28/05 1:03pm
Msg #22859

You should research and keep a no no list with you. Its kinda late after the fact and are you nuts going out doing a signing during the blizzard?

I'm not scheduling anything for tonight and maybe tomorrow.

Reply by Mary Pierce/PA on 2/28/05 1:18pm
Msg #22863

I am going to go through with it regardless...just wanted to know what to expect. They caught me off guard when I was home on my lunch break.

As far as the weather goes....she told me if the roads get treaturous to let her know and they will reschedule. It just started snowing here and they are only 15 mins. from me (the borrower). We are suppose to get 12+ inches up here in NE PA. I even told her if they sign I can't guarantee that I will get the docs out to them tomorrow.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/28/05 3:03pm
Msg #22888

Mary,

As far as your concern about not being able to get the documents out, if it is their principal residence there should be a rescission period and nothing will really happen until the recission period is over anyway. So I wouldn't worry about being a day late in returning the docs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.