Notary Rotary
Premier Lender Services Newsletter 2005
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 2/11/05 7:43pm
Msg #20314

Did anyone else get this newsletter? The newsletter included the following paragraph:

We Are Looking For Attorneys To Do Loan Signings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ditech has decided to expand its business with us. As a result, we are adding many new states in which they require attorneys for signings and would like to bolster our attorney database. Any attorney referrals you could provide in the following states would be much appreciated: ARIZONA, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, HAWAII, LOUISIANA, MASSACHUSETTS, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEVADA, NEW MEXICO, NORTH CAROLINA, OREGON, PENNSYLVANIA, SOUTH CAROLINA, UTAH, VIRGINIA, WASHINGTON, WEST VIRGINIA

Now, I know Louisiana is not an attorney-only state... and I also know that some of the other states listed are not either. I e-mailed them concerning my state, but was wondering who else may have received this.

Reply by Ty_MN on 2/11/05 7:58pm
Msg #20315

I didn't get it but Minnesota is not an attorney-only state so they are just false advertising. Let us know what they tell you though.

Reply by Nd_WA on 2/11/05 10:12pm
Msg #20334

I cover Oregon & Washington and both are not attorney states. My business sense on this is they are using attorney ad to shine their logo & get a higher fee from the lender where in fact we, the notaries are doing the actual closing.

They should darn well know which states are attorneys only.

Reply by ray on 2/12/05 2:23pm
Msg #20388

DiTech requires attorneys in these states

Reply by Chris Sommer on 2/15/05 4:25pm
Msg #20680

Ray is correct. It is Ditech that requires the use of attornies in those states. It is neither false advertising nor pumping of fees. We are simply responding to the client's request.

Thank you.

PremierLenderServices

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.