Notary Rotary
SIGNATURE AFFIDAVIT AND POWER OF ATTORNEY
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by peterole_MN on 2/22/05 5:08pm
Msg #21857

YES THIS IS ANOTHER ITEM FROM NOTARIES INK TEST. MR IS SIGNING AS POA FOR MRS X. ON HER SIGNATURE AFFIDAVIT. WOULD MR SIGN IT FOR HER? AND THEN, WHOSE NAME WOULD INCLUDE IN THE JOURNAL.

Reply by Becky/KS on 2/22/05 7:09pm
Msg #21876

May I make a suggestion?

You will encounter various situations at a signing table that may or may not have been asked in some test by a signing company. What would you do if you don't know the answer and you can't get a hold of the company that hired you? The questions you have posted here are quite basic and if you'd have to stop a signing because you didn't know how to handle the singning, you could land yourself in a lot of trouble.

I would suggest the following:

1. Read your notary handbook over and over.
2. Read ALL the postings on this board from the very first post - there's plenty to learn
3. Sign Up with the Signing Registry and take their training course - it's great
4. Don't use this board to ask questions to past a test - try doing your own research, in the long run, you'll be glad you've learned how to research.

And, last but not least, when you post on this board - don't use all upper-case letters. It is quite offensive.

Good luck.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/22/05 7:18pm
Msg #21880

Thank you, Becky!

I have been waiting for somebody to tell people that we can't go with them to every signing, therefor they should take their own #$%^ tests.

Reply by peterole_MN on 2/22/05 7:31pm
Msg #21885

Re: Thank you, Becky!

YOU TOO ARE SO HELPFUL. Are there any helpers out there?

Reply by peterole_MN on 2/22/05 7:29pm
Msg #21884

Re: May I make a suggestion?

LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID..."answer, don't sermonize". And, spell correctly, like past = pass. Hope you have a good day!

Reply by Roger/OH on 2/22/05 7:46pm
Msg #21888

There's nothing anyone on this board can do that will overcome what you will not do. Like the lady said, read your materials and do some research like everyone else.

Reply by sue on 2/23/05 12:05pm
Msg #21995

I had to read that first sentence twice - I like it!!

Reply by Becky/KS on 2/22/05 9:51pm
Msg #21908

A friend of mine, visiting from out of state, wanted me to show her the ropes of this business. I gave her a mock signing to do, with POA signer. I gave her my Signing Registry training guide and URLs to helpful websites. She completed the assignment very quickly by asking questions on this board. She was just as upset with me as Peterole is because I told her she should have done her own research instead. Now, she's back at her home, and I can guarantee that it will take her much longer to learn this business if she has to depend on everyone else for answers to her questions.

Reply by fiKS on 2/22/05 10:14pm
Msg #21916

Peterole: You were given far more valuable help than you realize.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/23/05 11:08am
Msg #21989

Right on, fiKS!

It is only later that we realize that we weren't really being helped by the "helpful" teachers who fed us the answers. Our best help came from those people who helped us FIND the answers ourselves.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.