Notary Rotary
Signing for tonight
Notary Discussion History

Signing for tonight
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Mary Pierce on 2/22/05 6:16pm
Msg #21872

Signing for tonight

Was supposed to do a signing tonight. Called the borrower's to be sure they received the docs. They were being overnighted to them. Appt. was for 6:00 as of 5:00 pm did not receive the docs. Called the SS. She called the title company and they never went out. I called the borrowers back and told them to contact their lender. Apparently the lender was having a problem with not only their loan but others that were suppose to go out. What's up with that? Borrower called me back and asked if I could do it Saturday. I called SS and told them the borrower rescheduled for Saturday.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 2/22/05 8:17pm
Msg #21893

You should make the SS aware of the what is happening and the lender or title company should do all the scheduling.

Then someone would contact you and ask if you are available for the new date and time.

When it comes to scheduling its not our job, just relay the info.

Reply by John_NorCal on 2/22/05 10:40pm
Msg #21921

Hi,
Just have a question about scheduling, although I have been out of this for 10 years (yech!) when I first did signings in 1993, I scheduled all of my signings. Made it a lot easier for me. As a matter of fact when I recently did my own refi, the notary called me to schedule. Is this just a California thing or do other notaries in other states schedule their own signings?
Yes, I do intend to get back into this field, just waiting to take my test in March.
Thanks.

Reply by Charm_AL on 2/23/05 10:54am
Msg #21982

Re: scheduling

John...For me, every signing to date has been pre scheduled, every call has been "are you available for a signing for time on date"
I had to turn down a signing yesterday because they insisted on a 2pm closing, whereas it was impossible for me to download docs and get out there within an hour and a half.
If the borrower calls you directly the time can be negoitated, I'd imagine

Reply by Ernest_CT on 2/23/05 11:02am
Msg #21987

Re: scheduling

There are times that the borrower is flexible, and there are times when the borrower would actually prefer a different time.

Recently I had scheduled an appointment for 10:00 AM on a Saturday, then got another call (for a different borrower) late Friday asking for a 10:00 AM Saturday signing. I asked if I could talk to the borrower to confirm. When I asked about the 10:00 AM time, the second borrower said "You don't want to know when I'd rather do it!" I said, essentially, "I'm working for you, of course I want to know." Turns out he wanted 8:30 AM but had been told by somebody other than me that it would be too early! Bottom line: Met with borrower number two, signing went smoothly, had time to stop for breakfast before meeting borrower number one. Result: Two happy borrowers, two happy lenders, one happy notary, and two signing services that couldn't care less.

Reply by Mary Pierce on 2/23/05 11:58am
Msg #21993

That's what I did...relayed the info to the SS. They called me a little while ago to reschedule for Sat.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.