Notary Rotary
United Land Services Corp. - RIP OFF
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by AngryNotary on 2/10/05 8:21pm
Msg #20136

I did signings for these people all the time, and they say they will pay $150.00, but it seems as though every time I get a job for them they always deduct $25.00 from the closing. They almost never put the closing agreed upon fee on the confirmation that they send with the package, so there's no record of the agreed upon closing fee. This to me is dishonest and that doesn't fly with me.

Saying it's not the "agreed upon" fee, however the fee was in fact agreed upon.

Last time they trick me! I'm not closing with them anymore. .. I don't think anyone should. Maybe when they lose notaries, they'll think twice about being dishonest.

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/10/05 10:21pm
Msg #20155

Hi AN,

Heh, I understand why you are angry. But when you come right down to it I think I would rather deal with a $150 company that lops $25 bucks off for no apparant reason than with a $50 company that pays as agreed.

Reply by Ty_MN on 2/11/05 3:40pm
Msg #20275

Ted_MI...
Why not deal with a company that doesn't screw you even if you do get $125 of the $150? Why not call then on their business practice and have them step up to the plate and tell you why they think they can just take your money? I wouldn't stand for it either...$125 or not...they're not showing respect now they will only get worse later and start saying it didn't fund and maybe you would take half your fee because we didn't get anything for the job.. I say put your foot down and get them to tell you what you did to deserve a fee reduction or tell them to take a hike. I'm not going to lower my expectations JUST to get money...I will do business with the companies who have a good work ethic. And I'm not slow like I keep hearing some people say they are. I'm still getting the work...because my reputation of getting the job done right holds true with the companies I work with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.