Wanted: Feedback RE: Site
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by Korey Humphreys on 2/22/05 3:35am
Msg #21760

I just finsihed up my site (4:20 AM) Smiley

Please go browse it and judge it. Let me know what you think of it. Don't worry,,,, I can take it!! Three other MA Notaries like it alot.

I am going to change my schedule, and fees page eventually. Right now it's just written on!! LOL. Let me know what you think.

GO HERE:

http://massachusetts.notary4hire.com (don't put in www.)

Reply by John_NorCal on 2/22/05 8:10am
Msg #21772

Looks like an outstanding site

Reply by DellaCa on 2/22/05 8:22am
Msg #21773

Very nice Korey , good job the hard work shows.

Reply by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 2/22/05 8:42am
Msg #21774

Looks good. One thing, though... (at least when I view it in my browser)... The word "Welcome" is running into the table to the left of it.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/22/05 12:59pm
Msg #21803

It must be your browser and I have no idea how to fix that. What are you running off of?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/22/05 3:33pm
Msg #21834

I too have the some "problem" (the word Welcome is skewed to the left). It happens in both Firefox 1.0 and IE 5 and 6. I'm sending you a snapshot fragment of what Ninna is referring to.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/22/05 1:21pm
Msg #21805

Welcome came up same way here

Reply by PAW_Fl on 2/22/05 9:16am
Msg #21776

Just a couple of comments (constructive criticism and opinionated at that):

Red lettering on blue background is very hard on the eyes (fees.html).

Menu item "MA Notary" link is only active for the letters "MA ", not the entire label. This is also true for the links under "Service Categories". The link only applies to the first word in the label.

Page "titles" don't match the pages. Most state title as "Privacy Policy".

Reply by Shane_IN on 2/22/05 9:41am
Msg #21777

Very nice site. Here are my couple of suggestions, some echo the ones above

1) The link for MA Notary should work for the whole word, should be a simple fix.

2) Also, when you click the MA Notary, it opens a new page. All of the other links open into the bottom frame. Might want to keep consistancy for easier site management. That page requires you hitting the back button to get back where you were.

3) The Independent Paralegal Services that is highlighted yellow, actually drops a bit into the lower frame, might want to raise that up a bit

Just an opinion on the this last one.
4) The right hand side that has all of the boxes with links to Yahoo Business listing, NotRot Profile etc. Those boxes take up a lot of space, and take away from your main content. Its presented well, but still draws away from the main message on that screen....at first glance there is so much on the screen its hard to start...so its almost cluttered in a classy way? anway, i'd suggest making those boxes smaller, or putting them in a separate page where visitors can jump to your links/contact info

5) Same with the affiliations... I'd make them smaller in size, or have a link to them elsewhere.

Just my opinions on the last 2...

All in all your site is very well presented, the front page I feel just presents too much, and you lose some focus on the important information.

Excellent Job!

Reply by Shane_IN on 2/22/05 9:43am
Msg #21778

Forgot to Mention...

I was viewing the page in Internet Explorer... so what I saw was in that browser. Anyone else that views might wanna mention which browser they viewed the site in, as corrections per browser require different coding.

Reply by ERNA_CA on 2/22/05 1:27pm
Msg #21806

Opened it a second time and now the welcome is fine. I am using Internet Explorer.
Good job. I have all the instructions printed out to make a website. I might not be computer savi enough to do it. How long did it take you?

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/22/05 3:54pm
Msg #21840

I took me about 13 hours!! LOL Smiley

I'm completely satisfied and done now! Just finished the last of it at 4:40PM.

Thank you,
KOREY

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/22/05 4:01pm
Msg #21842

Thank you everyone for your input and advice.

I did act on many things to make it look more appealing.

As of 4:40PM I am completely done with it. Everything's been changed to my liking, and have changed most pages to make it more appealing to the eye.

I'm not sure why or how to change the settings on my website to make it look like the way I can view it. (if that makes sense!!) I created it, and am viewing it on the most updated Internet Explorer available.

NOTE: You can update you Internet explorer by going to your automatic windows update or by going here: http://www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
If you're computer has any critical error updates, you should install them onto your computer to ensure that it runs better.

Thank you all again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.