Notary Rotary
nonpayment
Notary Discussion History

nonpayment
Go Back to February, 2005 Index

Posted by delinger8 on 2/5/05 10:22am
Msg #19502

nonpayment

Houston Notary Service will not pay their fees. I have performed 2 signing in Dec 2004 and 1 one January 2005, each time I call I am told by Kathy Minter, that she will get the check out that day. I tried emailing her and their is a problem with her email.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 2/5/05 11:35am
Msg #19509

Have you mailed a monthly statement? Did you designate terms of payment on the invoice? 3 statements, warning letter then collections or legal action.

Reply by Patricia A. Nardone on 2/6/05 11:14am
Msg #19560

I am having a problem with a new service that I did a signing for in December. He told me I would be paid in two weeks (right!) and I'm still waiting. This is why I don't like to do signings for companies I don't know, and I charge a higher fee than usual.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 2/6/05 11:29am
Msg #19562

Just out of curiosity, what company is with holding your payment?

Reply by Ted_MI on 2/6/05 10:26am
Msg #19556

Hi D8,

My condolences; I guess I should feel lucky that I only did one.

Reply by BrendaTX on 2/6/05 12:52pm
Msg #19567

Here is what I have on her:

Kathy Minter
H.N.S. Owner 13215 Tregarnon Dr.
Suite 110
Houston, TX 77015
[e-mail address]
http://www.houstonnotaryservices.com
PH (713) 453-6646
FAX (775) 459-1315

I had a long talk with her scheduler recently who called me and asked me to do a job last week - I declined. According to scheduler, the problems exist because of past bookkeeper no longer with them and now they are in better shape. But, I will probably avoid the assignments from them because it's TOO dang hard to beat on them to collect.

My concern is exactly what you have experienced.
The last job I did took me 65 days to get paid.

I sent three notices. I called and left messages.

She would not call me back so I faxed the title company with a cc to her. All it would have taken was a simple response to my query. Just say I will pay you next month on the 15th but don't ignore me.

She and her AP person were angry and called me, but I got my check in 5 days.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.