Notary Rotary
Any good training books on Loan Signing Agent
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Karen/CA on 1/6/05 8:03pm
Msg #15648

Hi all, I am brand new to this business and need a kind of step by step guide on how to do the Loan Signing. I don't really want to go to a seminar and would rather have a book than a CD. Any suggestions for training materials?

Reply by National Notary Association on 1/7/05 11:52am
Msg #15707

You might want to check out their website, they do have a test in the end but its pretty good.

Good luck!

Reply by Judy Cobb on 1/7/05 1:41pm
Msg #15729

The book mentioned from the National Notary Assn. is thee best. The document are printed on the pages so you can identify them, then gives explainations of each. Terrific for gaining knowledge of documents and what each of them means. The exam was good. It gives you a Certified Signing Certificate. You are then cited as such on the web when signing companies and Title Co.s want an experienced and knowledgeable notary.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 1/7/05 2:39pm
Msg #15739

While the NNA book and exam are excellent, I wouldn't say the "best". Have you looked at what else is available? I have looked at both the NNA exam (took the test and all) and the Signing Registry exam and course. They both are excellent and both will result in "certification" upon successful completion of the exam. The SR's course is much less expensive, and you can honestly say that you are a Certified Signing Agent after completion of either one. Of course, I'm not convinced that certification is even required or noticed most of the time, but certainly is self gratifying, if nothing else.

And, just for the record, the two years that I was listed with NNA directory, I never received any calls because of my "listing". (At least, I was never told "they found me on the NNA or Signing Agent website.) I did and still do, get calls frequently saying they found me on Notary Rotary or 123Notary.

You be your own judge.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/7/05 3:00pm
Msg #15746

To whoever wrote this message, please don't use the username section to respond to posts. It's unnecessary and confusing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.