Notary Rotary
Jurat stamp
Notary Discussion History

Jurat stamp
Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by DellaCA on 1/13/05 6:32pm
Msg #16639

Jurat stamp

Has anyone bought a new Jurat stamp from NNA ?I recieved one today and I am disapointed ,its just that the stamp no ink, nothing to carry it in. So I think it will go back if I keep it I would then need to carry a ink pad and some sort of container to carry the stamp in so not to get ink all over.
If you have one what do you do ? The one I recieved is the classic one, any comments??
Thanks Della

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/13/05 6:56pm
Msg #16643

I bought the stamp from this site. Pre inked, works great. Eat the cost of the crappy one you got (or return it to the NNA and tell them why you're returning it) and buy the notaryrotary one instead.

Reply by Ninna Mantooth-Lopez on 1/13/05 7:55pm
Msg #16648

I bought the stamp from this site (notaryrotary) as well... love it!

Reply by DellaCA on 1/13/05 9:41pm
Msg #16664

I'll take your advice .Thanks

Reply by Ernest_CT on 1/14/05 2:17am
Msg #16692

What am I doing wrong? I can't find the jurat stamp in this Site's shop. All I see is the MOJO, ink refill, a Page that tells about the evolution of stamps (it shows a sample impression), and embossers. No jurat stamp anywhere. This seems to be the case whether I'm logged in or not.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply by Eatha/PA on 1/14/05 8:46am
Msg #16703

Yeah, it is hard to navigate the Store the first time. You have to enter the Store first. See at the bottom of the page you were on, where it says to pick your state? Start there.

Reply by HARRY M RUBEN on 1/14/05 9:03am
Msg #16704

IT APPEARS THAT DIFFERENT PRODUCTS ARE OFFERED FOR DIFFERENT STATES. THE JURAT STAMP IS NOT OFFERED FOR MY STATE (PA)

Reply by Eatha/PA on 1/14/05 10:48am
Msg #16715

That's because the jurat is not a separate act in PA. A jurat is contained within another notarial act, i.e., oath, affidavit, deposition, and verification (sworn). In PA, you'd never stamp a jurat by itself.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 1/14/05 11:57am
Msg #16730

CT statutory jurat so short, I've never needed a stamp. :)

In over thirty years I have rarely seen an Affidavit that didn't already have the statutory jurat preprinted on it. Because it is only a short sentence, I just hand print it.

I have friends that handle a lot of workers compensation paperwork. They tell me that the jurat notarization block is missing from some of the forms, which is why they created their own notarization block stamp for those forms. They gave the text to Hartford Stamp Works, who then made stamps up for them. Of course, my friends have legal supervision so there is no question as to UPL by choosing which language to use.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 1/14/05 12:19pm
Msg #16735

Re: CT statutory jurat so short, I've never needed a stamp.

>>> In over thirty years I have rarely seen an Affidavit that didn't already have the statutory jurat preprinted on it. Because it is only a short sentence, I just hand print it. <<<

Almost every affidavit that I have seen too, have had a notary certificate on it. However, I have seen many, many documents that start with "... duly sworn ...", or "... under oath ...", etc. that have 'acknowledgments' instead of jurats. Florida is the only state that I am aware of that specifically directs the notary public to change the certificate from an ACK to a jurat in these cases. When I run across them, I make a note of it on my completion report and attach a loose jurat that complies with Florida laws, and also has the following statement:

Loose jurat certificate attached, pursuant to Florida Statutes §117.03 Administration of oaths "The notary public may not take an acknowledgment of execution in lieu of an oath if an oath is required."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.