Notary Rotary
NEW
Notary Discussion History

NEW
Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Ron Savory on 1/14/05 4:08pm
Msg #16774

NEW

Hey guys! New notary, new signing agent. I'm looking forward to chatting with you. Any advice as to how to get started?

Reply by HisHughness on 1/14/05 4:13pm
Msg #16775

Advice for new notaries

Above the menu of posts, click the "First" button. Go all the way to the very first post in June 2003, "Welcome to the General Discussion Forum." Read all the way to the last post today. You will find your answer many times over in the intervening messages, along with far better information about being a signing agent than you’ll ever get from any certification course.

Reply by Not so Newbie Anymore on 1/15/05 12:46am
Msg #16839

I've heard this explanation so many times it's humorous!
The "Newbie" just wants to learn the ropes! Your answer is like telling a third grader who has a spelling problem to memorize the dictionary!
You should be proud of the help you are giving this person...(which is absolutely nothing)...

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/15/05 1:06am
Msg #16843

And why have you heard this explanation so many times? Is it because this question is asked on a daily basis in here perhaps?

We don't *owe* anybody any help in here. But as it turns out, that answer is the MOST helpful answer we could give a new person. Do you really think a person is going to get more information and more educated by the responses to this generic question than they would if they took a few days to read this board? Do you really think they're going to "learn the ropes" by one or two people responding to that question?

Reply by CarolynCO on 1/15/05 6:48am
Msg #16853

Not so Newbie protested "You should be proud of the help you are giving this person...(which is absolutely nothing)..."

Yep, I agree. Some people are just helpless, which is a whole lot different than helpful. and Not so New, my sarcasm was intentional.

Reply by Ethel Jefferson on 1/15/05 7:26pm
Msg #16929

Ron Savory:

I am interested in becoming a notary and signing agent. Would you be able to give me direction. I am preparing to attend a class and would like to have some direction. Please advise.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.