Notary Rotary
New company
Notary Discussion History

New company
Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Notary1 on 1/12/05 3:13pm
Msg #16448

New company

Has anyone gotten a call from First ClassClosing the contact person Zackery Shoemaker and Chico he said they wanted to talk to the closers before adding them to there data base.
and if so have you done any work and do they pay?

Reply by Happy in Fl on 1/12/05 6:40pm
Msg #16487

Gut feel-- sounds strange--- 1st-- we are really not considered Closers-- We are Morgage Doc Witness Signers-- Mobile Notaries-- perhaps some other hats-- but Closers?
Why would a New Signing Service call a Notary wanting to interview "Closers" before adding you to "their Data Bank?"

Did you solicit them? Maybe I'm paranoid- and dead wrong-- but I'm leary..

Maybe because my McGaffee Spy Protection just found a Elevated threat on my Computer by a Spy Logger-- seeking info on Passwords- Credit Card info- etc etc..

Oh well--perhaps someone else can offer better advice-- but it made me 'queeeeeesy' reading it...

Reply by Shane_IN on 1/13/05 9:29am
Msg #16572

I close for a couple different lenders here in Northeast Indiana, and we are called specifically "Contract Closers" by the LO's and the processors in the office.

Simply because we are the sole person at the closing table when the borrower signs....

Reply by Sherri-IN on 1/12/05 7:03pm
Msg #16493

"Has anyone gotten a call from First ClassClosing the contact person Zackery Shoemaker and Chico he said they wanted to talk to the closers before adding them to there data base.
and if so have you done any work and do they pay?"

Where are they located? In parts of Indiana they refer to Mobile Notaries as "Contract Closers"

Reply by CristynesIL on 1/13/05 8:31am
Msg #16566

I got a call from "Chico" as well, he said he is from a company in Ohio that will be expanding into my area. He said they will be ready to do work in my area next month. I told him to call me when they are set up. He asked alot of questions about my knowledge, fees, ect. Have not heard from him since.

Reply by Joan-OH on 1/12/05 10:47pm
Msg #16528

Are they from the Columbus Ohio area?

Reply by WINotaryGal on 1/13/05 8:52am
Msg #16567

Yes, they are in the Columbus area. Since I am originally from Ohio, I inquired about their location.

Reply by Notary1 on 1/13/05 3:25pm
Msg #16619

Our Title in Il is Notary Signing Agent, but that wasn't the ? for those that answers my ? thank you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.