Notary Rotary
NorCal Notary Public Luncheon 1-29-05
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Fay, CA on 1/30/05 1:27pm
Msg #18798

What a fabulous turnout. Fay Hudson was the events coordinator. Joellen King assisted with check in and Shoshanna Roller was Mistress of Ceremonies. We received wonderful door prize gifts from GoMobileNotary.com, Notary Rotary, Joan Bergstrom (notaryclasses.com), NotaryOnTheGo123, and Donna Vallin. Thank you one and all.
As always it was a pleasure to greet old friends and make new ones!

Our speaker Stephanie Beerman gave us some interesting ideas for collecting on old debts. A lively discussion was begun by Joyce Genko of Santa Cruz who talked about us being unified as a body so that we can accomplish things. As a member of AnnieMae.org, she will speak more about that at the next luncheon. Margaret Gassman shared her thoughts regarding the licensing and/or regulation of signing companies as well as the need for a notary ID card.

See you all at the next luncheon. Dave Kruss and Rick Woolworth will be the hosts at the Wine Country luncheon in Sonoma County.

Reply by Marla_NorCal on 1/30/05 3:10pm
Msg #18803

What is the date for the next one?

I'm in Mendocino County and would love to come! Thanks
Marla

Reply by Fay, CA on 1/30/05 7:13pm
Msg #18813

Re: What is the date for the next one?

Hi Marla,

This is the reason why I gave a progress report on the luncheon held 1-29-05. For people to start thinking about the next one. The next luncheon is still in the planning stages and will take the next 3-4 months to get together. I will keep Notary Rotary advised. Someone in Sonoma County will take the preparations over. I was the events coordinator for the one in Southern Alameda County. Notary Rotary provided some great door prizes to which Shoshanna Roller and I thank them profusely. NorCal Notaries tend to purchase from those who donate door prizes to replenish their supplies.

Fay

Reply by Paul-CA on 1/30/05 9:23pm
Msg #18817

Regarding AnnieMae.org

Fay wrote: "A lively discussion was begun by Joyce Genko of Santa Cruz who talked about us being unified as a body so that we can accomplish things. As a member of AnnieMae.org, she will speak more about that at the next luncheon."

I see no reason to believe that AnnieMae.org is, or has any aspirations to be, any different than the NNA (who is a quite prominently featured sponsor listed on their home page). Excuse my cynicism, but anyone speaking of organizing notaries and signing agents for their common good should at least be familiar with the NNA's role in attempting to turn the business into a cheap labor commodity, full of newcomers to sell things to. Anyone genuinely interested in producing real benefits for notaries and SAs would, I think, avoid associating themselves with the NNA like the plague.

Looking at AnnieMae.org's bulleted list of goals on their home page, I suspect it is the last item listed that is really their #1 interest: "Providing a 'One-Place' business center for all your needs." Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware!

I am not, by the way, questioning Joyce Genko's motives; I don't know her. She may, like many here, see a genuine need for an organization to both protect and serve this community. I am questioning AnnieMae.org's motives and allegiances, not at all convinced that they extend beyond yet another "profit opportunity" at our expense.

Reply by Fay, CA on 1/31/05 11:32am
Msg #18855

Re: Regarding AnnieMae.org

Thanks for your input. "Yellow" alert is now on.

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 2/1/05 11:36am
Msg #19018

Fay, just wondering, were the door prizes contributed by USNA not awarded?

Glad to hear you had a great turnout and discussions.

Marlene Miller
United States Notary Association

Reply by Fay, CA on 2/1/05 12:40pm
Msg #19031

Indeed they were! Thank you for your generosity! As you know, Nor Cal notaries have a habit of utilizing your services when supplies need to be replenished.

Unfortunately, I relied on someone else to keep me up-to-date and she failed to mention you.

Thank you again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.