ROAMING SHADES BUSINESS SERVICES
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by MARLENE REVERON on 1/12/05 2:38am
Msg #16338

DEAR ALL SIGNING AGENT:

I WAS CONTACTED BY MARY TIRADO OWNER OF ROAMING SHADES BUSINESS SERVICES IN HOLLYWOOD, FLORIDA TO CONDUCT A CLOSING IN MIAMI FOR A RATE OF $ 90.00 FOR AN EMAIL DOCUMENT FOR AMERIQUEST. LIKE YOU ALL KNOW THAT THE AMERIQUEST PACKAGES ARE HUGE. AFTER SENDING THIS PACKAGES VIA FEDEX SHE SAID THAT SHE WAS NOT GOING TO PAY ME FOR MY SERVICES BECAUSE PACKAGE ARRIVED ON MONDAY INSTEAD OF SATURSDAY.

THIS PERSON HAS INSULTED ME, CALLED ME LIAR AND TRY TO SCARE ME WITH THREATS TO MY COMMISSION NOT TO PAY ME. THIS IS A WARNING BECAUSE SHE HAS DONE THIS TO MANY NOTARY BUT NO ONE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO SPEAK UP IF SHE CONTACT YOU MAKE SURE YOU COLLECT THE FEE UPFRONT.

IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION SEND ME AN EMAIL TO [e-mail address]

Reply by MORITZ - PETER on 1/12/05 5:10am
Msg #16341

You can call Ameriquest and discuss it with the Loan Officer. Then, you can call the Better Business Bureau and report her there too. Ameriquest requires docs sent within 24 hrs of closing. ONLY if they specify Saturday delivery is it required. Always keep a copy of the hud in your file. It is good if you ever need to file a small claims. Thanks for the information!!!! I know a lot of Florida Companies and also notaries. :} Lori PS Please email me the company information at [e-mail address].

Reply by LawrenceOK on 1/12/05 9:42am
Msg #16358

As Paw mentioned in a post, do not keep the HUD. Your confirmation should have all the info you need. As far as her trying scare tatics, in Oklahoma the SOS can only revoke a commission by court order. Contact your SOS and ask them what their procedure is for revoking a commission.

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 1/12/05 10:30am
Msg #16364

File a complaint against a Florida Notary Public

Introduction

In Florida, notaries are public officers appointed by the Governor at his discretion. Under the Florida Constitution and Florida Statutes, it falls within the jurisdiction of the Governor’s Office to investigate complaints of misconduct against notaries and to take disciplinary action when deemed appropriate.

Instructions

Please use the form provided (http://www.pawnotary.com/documents/Florida_notary_complaint_form.pdf) to submit your complaint. Your complaint should:

· Provide all facts related to the alleged misconduct.

· Include a copy of the improperly notarized document.

· State with specificity the law violated by the alleged misconduct. (For the law governing Florida notaries, please visit http://www.state.fl.us/eog/notary_educate/law/notary_law.html .)

· Be typewritten or clearly printed.

Please do not write on the back of the complaint form. You may attach a separate sheet.

Return the completed complaint by mail to:

Office of the Governor
Notary Section
LL06 Capitol
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Reply by Roaming Shades on 1/12/05 10:40am
Msg #16366

YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH What a tangled web we weave

One of my loyal signing agents send me an email telling me about this slander. I have already posted regarding this issue on another board. I did not post Marlenes name, however, she did call me and threaten to smear my name. This is the first time I did a no pay. I can send her a bill for the time it took me to find out what happen to the documents. I have all corresponce from FEDEX with the truth in it's original form. Marlene even cut and paste an email from fedex and altered most of it complete with mispelled words. She did not realize that they had copied me and I had the original email. Which stated the truth.

Marlene did a signing and was supposed to have the documents delivered ASAP for Saturday delivery. She arrived almost 35 minutes late. She had specific instructions not to drop the docs in a drop box and to have FEDEX pick the docs up on Friday. I asked Marlene for a tracking number (normal procedure) that was like pulling teeth. Finally around midnight she gave me a tracking number

Marlene, said the FEDEX driver picked up the documents on Friday, from her home. Saturday afternoon, I received a call stating the docs were not received so I put in the tracking number. Nothing came up. I called FEDEX, they stated that there was no pickup at the location Marlene said they were picked up, they also told me she had a scheduled pick up for that Saturday afternoon, which she missed. She was not there when they arrived.

Marlene still keep insisting that the fedex driver picked the docs up at her house and that they told her the driver took the packages to Kinko's and that "maybe they got mixed up". She stuck to her story instead of being honest. I wasted the weekend calling Fedex and Kinko's trying to track down the docs.

She went to the extreme of doctoring the Fedex Label and emailing it to me. I told her I was going to report the driver and she still did not tell the truth.

The truth is that after she missed the Fedex driver on Saturday, she took the docs to a Kinko's that only has one pick up a day from M-F at 6pm , and one pick up on Saturday, which she missed the 2pm deadline for Saturday pickup. The docs were then put in a drop box by an employee and were not picked up by Fedex until after 6pm on the following Monday.

I was in constant contact with Marlene, she had sent me a resume which made her sound like a great signing agent. However, she proved to be a nightmare. If anyone wants to see the doctored I will forward them to you in it's complete content.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/12/05 3:32pm
Msg #16457

Being late to the appointment

"Marlene did a signing and was supposed to have the documents delivered ASAP for Saturday delivery. She arrived almost 35 minutes late. "

One thing I want to mention. This isn't the first time that I've seen a signing service defending themselves on this board and mentioning that the notary was late for the appointment.

I'm never quite sure why they feel the need to include this information. In a perfect world we would all be exactly on time for every appointment. But it's definitely not a perfect world and the nature of this job pretty much ensures that we're going to be late for some of our appointments for reasons that are completely beyond our control.

Sometimes it's traffic, sometimes it's an earlier signing that ran much longer than anticipated, sometimes it's having difficulty finding the address. And sometimes it is our fault for simply not planning adequately. I'm not saying any of these things did or didn't happen in this particular situation, but they do happen and they've all happened to me several times. Of course, it goes without saying that if these things do happen we should definitely call the borrower and let them know.

Anyway, I just thought it deserved to be said. Even the very best signing agents are sometimes late to their appointments.

Reply by Roaming Shades on 1/12/05 3:42pm
Msg #16462

time is not the issue

The time is not the issue. I just threw that in because the client was very upset about that. The dishonesty is the issue, about being late, about the documents being picked up by the Fedex driver, the whole thing. She still won't admit anything. I will not sit around idley and be slandered by anyone.

If a signing agent is going to be late it is up to them to contact the client and let them know. There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Our reputation is very important in order to conduct business. Dropping documents on time is just as important as the signing itself.

Reply by Cindy on 1/12/05 10:42am
Msg #16367

Did you keep a copy of the airbill? Or, did you note the tracking number on your order? You can either call or go online for virtually every carrier and find out when the package was delivered. If you do this online, and the package was delivered when it was supposed to be, print out this information and mail copies of your order, and the delivery information to the company, along with a nice note requesting payment, with a signature required. If you were late in returning the package, this possibly could have caused a loss of the loan due to the rescission period ending before they received the package back. Late returned packages cause title companies and signing services all kinds of headaches, and sometimes the title companies don't want to pay the SS. Sometimes it leads to a loss of business for the SS. It doesn't matter how perfectly the package is executed, if it isn't returned right away, it can cause major problems for all concerned.

Reply by Mary on 1/12/05 11:12am
Msg #16375

Altered Version of the email and the original follows

Below you will find a copy of the altered email Marlene sent me and the original will follow.

Dear Mrs. Tirado::

I am not able to give you a confirmation number because I schedule it on
line and on Friday night my computer crashed and I couldn't retrieve the
confirmation but the package was pick up and I hope it must be in tere
posession already. Please find attached email from fedex stating that I
didn't put the packaged in the drop box. I hope with this email you could
see that i was not at fault for this issue and want to know will be my fee
for this signing> Thanks you for your cooperation in this matter.

Customer Service <[e-mail address]>
Sent : Monday, November 22, 2004 6:15 PM
To : [e-mail address]
CC : [e-mail address]
Subject : Tracking # 848925479801

| | | Inbox

This email is in regards to package with tracking number 848925479801.
This morning I received a phone call from Ms. Mary Tirado is regards to
said package. She was unable to track the package with the number that
was given to her by the Ms. Marlene Revern (the sender). According to Ms.
Marlene Revern fedex driver must have mix up package and it was found in the
FedExKinko's center in Miami Lakes on Monday and the package was found by
one of my team members in the drop box. After several phone calls I was able
to locate the package here in center inside the FedEx drop box.
If you have any questions in regards to the matter please call at the
customer service. I am expressing my strongly apoligy from all the team
members at fedex that were involved in the shipping of this package which
reach the location at a later time than requested by one of our account
holder Marlene Reveron. We have done with her company for more 9 years and
this is the first time that we have made an error in delivering her packages
and she has never had to open an investigaion regarding any of her
delivereies. For some human error the package was mix-up with the pick-up
at the Kinko location but this situation has been taken care and proper
action has been taken to the proper fedex employee at fault. I want to
apologize to Mrs. Tirado and Mrs. Reveron this error and hope not to loose
their business with fedex..

Thank you

Federal Express
Atlanta Customer Manager

his is the original email from Kinko's customer service

Subject: Tracking # 848925479801 Date: 11/22 6:15 PM From: [e-mail address]
Subject: Tracking # 848925479801
Date: 11/22/2004 6:15:26 PM Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: [e-mail address]
CC: [e-mail address]
BCC:
Sent on:

Sent from the Internet (Details)
Internet Address Card Attached

This email is in regards to package with tracking number 848925479801.
This morning I received a phone call from Ms. Mary Tirado is regards to
said package. She was unable to track the package with the number that
was given to her by the Ms. Marlene Revern (the sender). According to
Ms. Marlene Revern she came to the FedExKinko's center in Miami Lakes on
saturday the 20th and gave the package to one of my team members. The
package was dropped off after the scheduled pick up time of 2:00 pm by
Ms. Revern on saturday the 20th, at which time my team member drop the
package in the FedEx drop box. After several phone calls I was able to
locate the package here in my center inside the FedEx drop box.
If you have any questions in regards to the matter please call at the
number listed below.
Thank you

another email where she insist the package was picked up at her location.

Dear Mrs. Tirado:

I at no time in matter I lie because I am not that kind of person but when
this morning the manager from Kinko told me that the same driver who pick up
my area is the driver who pick up at his store, I told my husband that when
they found the package in the drop box and I knew that I was the person who
was going to get blamed for. I worked for a living not for fun and I am a
honest person that if I did call fedex for pick up, I would have told you
from the beggining but I don't have to live to make $ 90.00 in a signing
that even though I have to put up with the cursing in from of me, and the
inrespectly attitude from your client to get this loan closed. If you want
to go ahead a file a complaint you are welcome but I also going to file a
complaint against your company as well for calling me a lier. I havee been
in business for over 10 years and I have never had an incident like this.
If I would have made a mistake I take full responsibility in this action but
I don't because I did what I was told to do which was called fedex for
pickup but it is easier to blame me than to blame a million dollar company
which you can go against to have pay for the damages. At this is you don't
want to use my services again, it is up to you to decide who you use in your
company. Sorry for all inconvenience that this has caused you and me but I
want to let you know I never placed a package inside a drop off for this
same issue. Now, nobody is responsible and I am the easier person to blame.
I also have witness that the driver came here to pick up the package on
Friday. Thanks you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely yours,

Marlene E. Reveron

If you need any addition, please don't hesitate to contact me at my cellular
wherever it is necessary.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience regarding any
documents or signing up form you need. Thanks you for your cooperation in
this matter.

Best Regards,

Reply by CarolynCO on 1/12/05 11:33am
Msg #16380

Re: Altered Version of the email and the original follows

Thanks for posting the "other" side of the story.

Reply by Shane_IN on 1/12/05 1:31pm
Msg #16425

Looking at these emails, its obvious to me that the same person simply wrote both of them. Grammatical errors and spelling errors abound in both emails, and both of them read in a "broken english" way. This would mean both people learned english as a second language (not unheard of), but the similiaries are just too much to overlook.

Forwarding an email and changing what the original email said is not difficult at all... I'd be wary.

Just my humble opinion, not that anyone cares.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/12/05 2:59pm
Msg #16444

Oh man. I know this isn't supposed to be funny, but reading that altered email is hilarious. The drastic shift in grammar and spelling right in the middle of the email is more than a little obvious. I don't blame you for not paying her.

And Marlene, plenty of companies read this board. By starting this thread you've probably cost yourself quite a bit of business. Smart move genius.

Reply by Becca/FL on 1/12/05 4:28pm
Msg #16470

My thoughts exactly, Cali.

Anyone here read Fark.com? They have a daily award for situations like this.

I read where a bank robber was caught, the police searched his home and found his "To Do" list. On the "To Do" list...you guessed it, Rob Bank....................DA of the day!

Reply by Glena/NV on 1/14/05 11:06am
Msg #16717

I would take this matter to the FedEx legal department if I were you. I do not know what complaining to her State SOS would do, but I would try that route also. I could not believe that she tampered with FedEx email just to make herself look good. Missing the Friday drop off is bad, but missing Saturday also and then made up a story to make herself look good is just plainly being irresponsible.

The way I would hve handled sitatuations where I could not deliver the package, but needed to get it delivered on time was to find someone to deliver it for me. There was a time when I could not get the package out on time that day for a Saturday delivery because it was 4:45 pm, the drop off box mail was already picked up and the line was very long. Even if I have to wait the line, the package will still not get out that day because the counter clerk said that the last driver for the next day air for that day had just left. I called the SS to let them know and there was nothing I else I could do. I told the SS that if I wait the line, I will be late for my next appointment, so could I just drop it at the drop box outside the Hub? She said sure! She could hear me talking to the clerk in between so she knows that I was telling the truth. I always believe that when all else fails, it is the communication that matters. As long as I have done everything I possibly could to get the job done, I would expect to be paid. If I handled the package so lousily the way Marlene did, which I doubt I ever would, I would never expect to be paid, voluntarily give up my fee and Mary Tirado would be rained with apologies from me unless I can prove that there were circumstances beyond my control that prevented me from sending the package back.

Marlene, for the $90 it is not worth it to get into very deep trouble to collect it especially because you have left a paper trail to prove that you have doctored the email to suit yourself. I would just rather forget it and move on...everyone by now including SS that hire notaries know your name and would think twice before hiring you. You have done more damage to yourself by posting it here.

Reply by Shane_IN on 1/12/05 11:35am
Msg #16381

Ameriquest has a 7 day right of Recission, so the fact that the docs got there 1 day later than expected shouldn't be an issue with the office. The processors and LO's get upset obviously, but the culture in AMC as a company is a boiler room type of atmosphere, everyone is super high strung. You probably won't get much more business from them if you are late returning docs, if it is your error that they were late.

If you are concerned about getting paid by the Signing Company, invoice AMC. It'll take them 30-90 days (i have some oustanding invoices that are 120+ days outstanding).... but they eventually pay. Funded loans they pay usually in 2-3 weeks... but trip charges and such take FOREVER.

If the Signing agent lied outright about getting the docs delivered and such, and conducted themselves unprofessionally, obviously i wouldn't use them anymore. I'm not sure what you can do legally about non-paying or docking their pay for not getting the docs back to you in a timely manner, unless it is specifically stated on the confirmation/work order.

Just looking at both sides here....

Reply by BrendaTX on 1/12/05 2:24pm
Msg #16438

What I want to know

(1) How do you get Fedex and Kinko's to jump on a situation like this?

Are they really this responsive in taking the time to locate so much information? Not saying they are not, but surprised.

(2) If someone screws up, why don't they just say "I screwed up! What can I do to fix this? "

Not saying the notary did or did not make a mistake, but this is getting to be a common theme of discussion.

(3) Finally, doesn't it cost more for FEDEX/UPS to pick up the package rather than for a pickup to be scheduled? BTW THIS IS WHAT I CONSIDER A LAZY QUESTION because I could look it up myself....but I have to get back out the door -- when I come back however, I'll remember to find out for myself.

Here's a good place for others to tell me to do your own research and get the answers for yourself *definitively* because this information is some I could find out for myself. I will not consider you mean, cut-throat, rude, backstabbing, etc.

Reply by BrendaTX on 1/12/05 2:26pm
Msg #16439

Correction: What I want to know

>>Finally, doesn't it cost more for FEDEX/UPS to pick up the package rather than for a pickup to be scheduled? BTW THIS IS WHAT I CONSIDER A LAZY QUESTION because I could look it up myself....but I have to get back out the door -- when I come back however, I'll remember to find out for myself. <<

I meant isn't dropping off cheaper than scheduling a pick up. I posted in haste.

Reply by Roaming Shades on 1/12/05 2:43pm
Msg #16442

Re: What I want to know

Yes, Fedex and Kinko's do respond quickly when an incident like this happens. Don't forget, initially it was blamed on the driver. so it is in their best interest to rectify any problems, also, if you have a Fedex account, you can have free pickup from your location if you have packages several days a week. I recommend calling for pickup if the documents MUST be delivered ASAP and the signing agent can not make it to a drop off location.

When I accept an assignment from another signing service or from a title company, I am accepting responsibility for the completition of that assignment, whether I am making a 25.00 profit or more, we make it our business to ensure the signings are handled the way it was ordered.

I follow through on all signings. It is not over when we get a signing agent to fill the order. I check the tracking number to see whether or not the package was really dropped if they say they dropped it.

In this case, since I contracted the signing agent, I was given the information I requested from Fedex. I called and spoke to the supervisor and then I was directed to the Kinko's where the documents were actually dropped off. (that is how I found out that she took the documents to Kinko's and that they were not picked up like she claimed)

Marlene did come clean with the Fexex people about dropping the documents at the Kinko's location, when she tried to cover her tracks, (still telling me the driver picked them up at her home on Friday),however, she tried to claim the Fedex man picked up earlier than he was supposed to at the kinko's location, thus causing her to miss the drop.

Reply by Jon on 1/12/05 3:18pm
Msg #16450

Brenda asked...

"Finally, doesn't it cost more for FEDEX/UPS to pick up the package rather than for a pickup to be scheduled? BTW THIS IS WHAT I CONSIDER A LAZY QUESTION because I could look it up myself...."

I just CAN"T believe how lazy some people are!!!! Why don't you get up and do your own research instead of coming on here and asking us to do it for you??????!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

How's that Brenda? Smiley

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/12/05 3:20pm
Msg #16452

It was too short. You need to include at least 97 more words for it to register in her head.

Reply by HisHughness on 1/12/05 6:20pm
Msg #16485

Jon chastises Brenda:

***I just CAN"T believe how lazy some people are!!!! Why don't you get up and do your own research instead of coming on here and asking us to do it for you??????!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!!!***

Gawd, for the good ol' days when newbies asked lazy -- but brief -- questions, instead of veterans who take 250 ands and TWO posts to ask a lazy question.

Reply by Glena/NV on 1/13/05 12:59pm
Msg #16600

I do not use UPS Stores except on Saturdays

A couple of times they screwed up. The first time, the driver picked up all of the ground packages and left the next-day air packages, which included one of my packages for Ameriquest. The second time, the clerk placed the package on the shelf and the driver did not see it. Lucky for me, on both of the situations, they admit the wrong doing. Now, I only use Office Depot except on Saturday, when the only local pick up is at the UPS Store. Office Depot has a drop off confirmation record and if something goes wrong, I have the proof that I delivered it at a certain time on the day I am supposed to have dropped it. I would never hung on to the package because my schedule did not allow me to drop it off. I would find ways to get the package out...be it through my husband or someone else. When I accept a job, I will make sure that I will follow through and make sure that I complete it. There was a time when I could not get the package out on time. The line at FedEx was very long, the drop box outside the Hub was already picked up and even if I have to wait the line, the package will still not got out that day and I will not make it to the next appointment. I called the signing service to let them know what is happening and they told me to just drop the package in the drop box and go to the next appointment. Most of the time, it is how you communicate that makes the difference. As long as you tried your best to get the job done that is all that matters.

I don't think that Marlene was being honest. If the signing was completed on Friday for a delivery on Saturday and if she could not make it for that day, she should have communicated with Roaming Shades why she couldn't do it and should have dropped the package off first thing Saturday morning for Monday delivery. Missing Saturday drop off is to unexcusable as far as I am concerned, since that is the second best thing that she could have done.

As far as The Roaming Shades posting here, I think that it is good that they have responded or we would not have known the whole story. There is always two sides to a story and we all know, some people lie just to get others to side with them.

I have not worked with The Roaming Shades Notary before. I do not know them and I did not side with them for any reason except for the fact that was presented. Missing the first two drop off/pick up is simply a proof of Marlene being irresponsible. If I missed it the first time, I would have called to let the SS know.

Reply by morgansfind on 8/10/07 11:28am
Msg #204893

Watch out for Marlene Reveron, Florida Mobile Closings Group

I have been waiting for payment since October 2006. This company is giving/gave me the run
around. First I was told that I needed to resubmit the w9, etc. Then the check was in the mail. Then the accountant was back-logged. etc. watch out for her.

Florida Mobile Closings Group, Marlene Reveron, CNSA, 7690 West 12
Avenue • Hialeah , FL 33014, Tel.: 305-456-6300 • Cell.: 786-258-
3577 • Fax.: 305-456-6309, Toll: 1-866-343-5211 • email:
marcosreve@hotmail. com <marcosreve% 40hotmail. com> ;
closings@flmcg. us<closings%40flmcg. us>,

PLEASE NOTE:
Just want to say that Florida Mobile Closings Group has no connection
whatsoever to Florida Mobile Notary Services, which is a different company.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.