Notary Rotary
Signing Agent Invoice Forms
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Karen on 1/6/05 4:54pm
Msg #15634

Does anyone know where I can get sample invoice forms or a downloadable invoice form? I don't want to have to order from the NNA.
Thanks!

Reply by VA757Notary on 1/6/05 6:16pm
Msg #15641

I had the same question yesterday. I just did a search for invoicing. Msg# 13199 has a good conversation about different suggestions on how to do an invoice. I just used a little from what everybody said and created my own. I hope this helps.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/7/05 2:57pm
Msg #15743

That's just crazy enough to work!

You had a question, you searched the board, got varying suggestions and used them to formulate your own answer? You must be new to this board.

The proper protocol is to ONLY read through the first page of messages and post your question yet again if it's not on there. Then wait for all of the information you need to be come successful to be handed to you on a silver platter, which you can then use to formulate your next set of questions that have probably already been asked and answered a million times in here.

Please don't let it happen again.

Reply by Tom on 1/6/05 7:43pm
Msg #15646

I just made up my own. I also have some very simple spread sheets I use to keep track of expenses, open invoices, and income. If you would like a copy email me at [e-mail address]

Reply by Karen on 1/6/05 7:57pm
Msg #15647

Tom, would love a copy, I will email you now from [e-mail address]

Reply by Margaret Craig on 1/6/05 9:09pm
Msg #15656

I bought a program at Office Depot for 9.95 that works great. Its called Versa Check

Reply by Joan-OH on 1/6/05 10:48pm
Msg #15664

For $29 ....

you can get "My Invoices & Estimates" at Office Maxx. I've used it for all my businesses. You keep customer information, have a record of when you invoiced, when they paid, check number & such. I also keep log-in passwords, fedex & ups accounts with the customer information. On my invoice goes File number, borrower name & address, where I sent the package, Tracking number, How many seals, Mileage and any notes if docs were wrong, corrections made, who I talked to etc. This has saved my butt more than once and all my records are in the same place.

Spending the $29 is much more preferable than creating a paper trail with paper invoicing.

I generate and invoice for every job whether Title/Signing company requires it or not.

Joan-OH

Reply by PAW Notary Services on 1/7/05 7:00am
Msg #15682

Re: For $29 ....

>>> Spending the $29 is much more preferable than creating a paper trail with paper invoicing.
I generate and invoice for every job whether Title/Signing company requires it or not. <<<

I urge everyone to keep a paper trail. You may need it for auditing purposes. You can't take your computer to court and/or the IRS. I print a completion report and invoice for every assignment and record the invoice number in my journal as a cross reference. The completion report, invoice, assignment confirmation and any other worksheets, emails or faxes concerning the work request (not loan documents) is stapled together and filed.

Reply by Joan-OH on 1/7/05 7:20am
Msg #15686

I'm not going to say I don't keep the paper, because I do. I just don't have to dig through it to find out who owes me, who has paid, and the particulars of any company. I do keep my confirmation, receipts etc and attach the check stub to the whole thing when I am paid. I just don't dig through my files when someone calls to find info I can just pop up on my computer. In my office, if I ONLY kept paper, I don't know if I could ever prove someone didn't pay me.

God forbid I should ever get audited, but I do have the paper if needed. Just don't want to dig through it on the fly.

Another useful thing I use my invoicing & contact program for is to keep notes on companies I won't work for and cross reference in the notes with bad companies that also use other names. These companies get listed in all BOLD so at a glance I know I don't want the assignment. The reasons why can be put in the notes. So, while I am "checking my schedule" with a click of a button, I can decide if I'm booked or not.

You are right Paul. Keep the paper trail is good advise. I just don't want to dig through it unless I absolutely have to. :-)

Joan-OH

Reply by mike/ca on 1/7/05 10:42am
Msg #15704

for about 50$ you can get quicken home and office which keeps track of signing accounts -mileage- and can create invoices for you

Reply by CarolynCO on 1/7/05 8:55pm
Msg #15788

Joan,
I've used My Invoices & Estimates since 1992. However, I have learned that it is imperative to always back it up upon exiting because the program, at least from my experience, becomes corrupted once a year. Who knows why -- their technical service can't even explain. I've also learned, as a result of the software corruption problem to back it up to your hard drive and not a disk. It won't recover from a disk but will from the hard drive. -- another thing technical service can't explain. Because there is never a guarantee with a hard drive, I also print out all the reports once a week, so at least I will have a hard copy to re-input should the hard drive crash.

Reply by Judy Cobb on 1/7/05 1:54pm
Msg #15731

Re: invoice. Make a form in publisher. It will be simple. Make a large box. Heading INVOICE
inside of the box on top/center in large print. Make a line across. In the next section write:

INVOICE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill To Remit to
Co: (signing Co) Notary Public....your name
Fax: (Signing Co. fax no) CO: your co name
Re: (client name) Address
Rep: (signing co. rep if you know it...ask) Phone: FAX:
Email address:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date of signing Borrowers Order # Discription Amount Due

Tracking #

Regards, your name and Co
Thank you for your business!
When you have designed this on publisher save it in MY Documents. This will now be saved for the next billing. To save time, I have copied this format with the names/fax/etc os several of the companies that I work with. when you save it, just name the file that co name for the next time.
Does this help...
Judy
C and H Mobile Notary Service
Oregon

Reply by Anonymous on 1/7/05 1:58pm
Msg #15732

I actually made a form, but it didn't come out that way in my remarks. If anyone would like a copy of mine, email me and I'll email you a sample that you can save in my docs and change to your information.
Judy Cobb
C and H Mobile Notary Service
[e-mail address]

Reply by Fiona Telado on 1/7/05 7:35pm
Msg #15781

Quickbooks is a great program....perhaps a little more complicated than those $30 programs. But it can generate great reports such as A/R aging, etc. If you have a fax modem connected to your pc, you can plug a phone line and fax your invoice directly from Quickbooks.

When I get an assignment, I enter the info into Quickbooks and generate a "pending" invoice. When the job is complete, I change the status of the invoice to "final" and fax it to whoever is paying the bill.

If you're not concern about the "accounting" part of the program, then Quickbooks is not for you. If you just want to print an invoice....use MS Word or WordPefect and use the "Table" function.

Reply by CarolynCO on 1/7/05 9:04pm
Msg #15790

My Invoices & Estimates also generates several reports including A/R and aging. It also has the option to e-mail or fax the invoices. You can use the generic forms, or make them as personal as you want.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.