Notary Rotary
Trustee, How to have them sign.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Oldbie_CA on 1/5/05 6:43pm
Msg #15550

I have a signing where the borrower is required to sign the DOT as John Doe, trustee of the John Doe separate property trust UTD 5/27/98. This might sound like a silly question but is it okay for him to just sign as John Doe, trustee or does he have to write all the other stuff as well?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Reply by Laes Lairaton on 1/5/05 7:04pm
Msg #15555

You should ask the title co. how they want it executed.

Reply by Kimberly Crowe on 1/5/05 8:30pm
Msg #15561

In Ohio and Indiana, we have people sign as "John Doe, Trustee"

Reply by kcNot on 1/5/05 11:55pm
Msg #15575

I did one of those in Kansas recently. But I think that the Lender has their own preference. Common ways are:

John D. Doe, Trustee

or

John D. Doe, Trustee for the Doe Family Trust UDT 02/05/88

And don't forget the Trustee initials - can be JDD, TTee or JDD, TT

Reply by RONNIE BLACKBURN on 1/7/05 2:17am
Msg #15677

YES

Reply by BarbaraB.NC on 1/7/05 9:01am
Msg #15693

I just did a trustee signing. Even after talking to the title company and doing exactly what they ask. I had to make a second trip to get another form signed stating that the client was in deed the trustee. Now please remember He had already signed one that was with the doc but that was not what the title company wanted. They wanted this form. ( It was ident. to the one in the package that the client had already signed) You can't win for losing. But the very best advice is to do exactly as requested by the title/mortgage company. If you do what they want and accomplish your mission with dignity and trust, you have made every one happy-happy-happy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.