Notary Rotary
VMP Delivers edocs & Accredited Mort Corp
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Kari on 1/19/05 3:12pm
Msg #17351

I just had a situation today and I just want to scream.....I know we all have those what's different about mine......Not much. But I still want to vent and get your opinions about this.

Here goes...

I had a signing today and docs were sent email through this VMP delivers program. I printed this packet of 100 plus pages and it wasn't like I was able to view the docs before I printed them. You click on this button and they just keep coming out. So once they were finally done the docs looked sloppy. The words were either spaced t o o Fa r Ap ar t (looked just like that) now have your borrower sign something like that. I don't think so. Any way or they were too close together. Some pages printed blank and some didn't have lines for the borrower to even sign, just an X.

So I called Accredited Mortgage Corp, the lender, and ran the situation by them. The girl I spoke to was very nice and she said I'd have to print the docs all over again if there were pages missing. Print the whole packet again for just a few missing pages. What? That's insane. She put me on to her manager. Ms MICHELE MUCKLOW!!!!!!

This woman gets on the phone and very rudely says "Its your printer" I said no I don't think so and was going to explain why I didn't think so and then there was a click. Silly me, I thought we got disconnected. So I called back. Spoke to Holly again and she apologized a million times for this woman's behavoir. I then asked if Michele had hung up on me and she said yes. I then told her that I have a situation here that I'm trying to resolve and this woman who didn't even give me a minute of her time so rudely hung up on me. I said that was very unprofessional of her.

I want to write that company and let them know what kind of person they have managing their branch.

What would you guys do.

Reply by Lopez0351 on 1/19/05 3:32pm
Msg #17353

Not only would I write back, but I would send them a copy of the printed out loan document for they can see for themselves how sloppy and unprofessional it looked.

Reply by Charm_AL on 1/19/05 3:36pm
Msg #17357

Yep! write them and include the docs they sent

Reply by Vicki/MD on 1/19/05 3:43pm
Msg #17360

First of all, yes it IS your printer's problem, and you could have handled this better yourself by taking more time to look into it. I've had the same situation with my printer. You need to download the VMP viewer and then set the properties on the viewer so that the default is set at "Default open action = view the document" so that you can view the docs before they go straight to your printer. And then, open the file and when you hit the print button, before you click OK, you need to make sure that you select the button that says "Print Using Windows Drivers" (and deselect "Print Raw PCL). After that, you should have no problems and it should come out ok. Print the first couple of pages first, just to double check. Good Luck!

Reply by thnotary_NY on 1/19/05 3:49pm
Msg #17363

Who thinks these things up???? I doubt it was a Notary.

Reply by Vicki/MD on 1/19/05 3:57pm
Msg #17365

I agree that a lot of these doc. viewer programs are just, well, messed up in terms of their programming. I wish someone in the industry would take the time to standardize things so that we don't need 15 million viewers for all the possible ways that docs could arrive. In the meantime, we all have to have patience and figure out the quirks of each viewer one at a time...I don't enjoy praticing those patience much more than anyone else, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do! :-)

If my message wasn't clear enough on how to get the VMP to work for you, let me know and I'll try to help more.

Reply by Kari on 1/19/05 4:06pm
Msg #17366

Thanks guys for your help. I found out that my printer is not compatiable with their program. She said there are a lot of printers that are not. So guys, be careful. Make sure you don't print all those docs and then find out that your printer is not compatiable.

But still, I don't feel that I should have been treated so rudely by this lender. If she knew that was the problem she should have just taken a few more seconds to explain rather than just hang up on me.

Reply by Joan-OH on 1/19/05 5:06pm
Msg #17371

"I wish someone in the industry would take the time to standardize things "

Well, they are standardized to the effect that the "direct print" viewers ALL use PCL. I know there are other printers that are PCL compliant, but in the 2 years I have done this and have been reading these boards I have NEVER heard of something like this happening on an HP with PCL. Some companies won't even hire you if you have something else. Just last month a notary was on here who got called by UDX for an Ameriquest and was told her printer wouldn't work on the docs. Maybe it could have, but who wants to wait until the notary prints them up and hour before the appointment to find out they are going to have to find someone else at the last minute.

This person at this bank was very rude, but obviously frustrated that someone hired someone without checking to see if they had the right equipment. Imagine what the scheduler in this one got. You got hanged up on - the scheduler had to face the wrathe of a very frustrated loan officer.

There are those on this board who will ALWAYS recommend HP printers, including me. There are also those that operate other brands with no problem....and there are those that operate other brands with problems. VMP, DocMagic, Elynx seem to be the tough ones.

For those considering new equipment, replacing equipment or back-up equipment, consider this thread.

Joan-OH

Reply by Mary Pierce on 1/20/05 6:06am
Msg #17430

I had that same problem once before. There is something you have to click telling it to use windows drivers so it prints normal. Generally when I get a package like that I print the first 5 pages first to see how it looks. What you do is file, print and then somewhere in the lower left hand corner you check off use windows drivers or something like that. I haven't had one of those for a while but that's what I remember was the problem.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.