Notary Rotary
acknowledgement question
Notary Discussion History

acknowledgement question
Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Jan_OK on 1/12/05 3:06pm
Msg #16445

acknowledgement question

Hi, I have a line in this acknowledgement I am not familiar with. Could someone please tell me what belongs in the first blank? and please forgive my ignorance, I am learning fast.

STATE OF OKLAHOMA,______________, ______________ County ss:
Before me, _________________, in and for said state, on this day of.....

Thank You All for you kind help.
Janice

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/12/05 3:19pm
Msg #16451

I think they just included an extra blank by mistake. In Calfornia it would just be state and county only.

Reply by Becky on 1/12/05 6:22pm
Msg #16486

Janice, didn't your Secretary of State give you a notary handbook? You should read the handbook cover to cover and over and over. You can get into a lot of trouble if you make mistakes. Things notarized incorrectly can become null and void if certain things are done incorrectly according to your state laws.

Reply by CarolynCO on 1/12/05 6:57pm
Msg #16491

In Colorado there are some counties that are also cities, i.e., City and County of Denver; City and County of Broomfield, etc., in which cases we include the word City and County.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 1/13/05 1:43am
Msg #16549

First, as was posted already, please read the manual for your state. No, we're not being smart-alecks; it is THE BEST source of info for YOUR state.

In CT, we would fill in the first two blanks with SigningTown, SigningCounty. Becuse there is a colon followning "ss", I'd play it very safe by writing the location within SigningTown after the "ss:".

If you have specific questions, call or write the agency which grants Notaries Public commissions in your state.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.