Notary Rotary
wow...what is it about CA?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 1/26/05 1:19pm
Msg #18222

I'm just floored at the number of Notary P's in CA....Do they hook you guys on the street? Smiley

Reply by Roberta/CA on 1/26/05 1:22pm
Msg #18223

Charm,
What makes you say that???
Also, What numbers are you seeing??

Reply by Charm_AL on 1/26/05 1:25pm
Msg #18225

It just seems to me that most of the posters I read here and there are from CA and/or are new. I see a lot of new CA people all the time posting a question, just an observation.

Reply by Jon on 1/26/05 1:34pm
Msg #18227

The NNA is headquartered in Chatsworth, which is off the 101 in LA. We have 10 to 15 NNA seminars in the So Cal area each month. They are concurrently doing seminars in other parts of Ca also. The questions you are seeing very telling of the NNA and their motivation for doing the seminars($$$$$$$). It is also the reason so many "veterans" are annoyed at questions that should have been answered when the "rookies" took the NNA get rich quick bait.

Add to that other companies offering the same get rich quick sales pitch on local radio stations, and you get high number of new notaries and market saturation.

Hey, at least we get sunshine.....well usually, today it's raining. :(

Reply by Charm_AL on 1/26/05 1:52pm
Msg #18231

Jon

I've only been to CA once and absolutely fell in love with the drive from SF to LA along the coast. Thanks for the info, learn sumthin' new everyday!

Reply by Roberta/CA on 1/26/05 1:39pm
Msg #18230

Charm,
A good observation.........
We have a VERY VERY abundant Notary Population here.
And growing more and more as time moves along.

Reply by Susie/CA on 1/26/05 2:15pm
Msg #18237

Yes, so true. I had so many funny (disturbing?) experiences last week doing signings. Another notary showed up at one of my signings (I was there first) . . double booked obviously . . another signing I went to one of the borrowers was a notary signing agent . . another signing I went to the borrowers girlfriend is just starting as a signing agent fulltime . . and another signing I took over for an agent near me who couldn't do the signing. . . oh and a friend here at work said her friend on the train (hope she's okay) is cutting her hours to part time at work so she can do loan signings . . It is amazing. . the scary thing is it is only getting worse it's definitely "not" tappering off or equaling out . . more and more are coming into this field daily.

Reply by Stephanie/CA on 1/26/05 2:42pm
Msg #18249

Although CA is highly saturated with Signing Agents, I am fortunate enough to have a steady flow of signings often referring some I can't handle to other Notaries in my area.
I haven't ran into any problems as you have Susie...what a nightmare to have two signing agents show up for a signing.

Reply by Joseph on 1/26/05 4:29pm
Msg #18276

Do you work for Union Bank of Ca Stephanie?

Reply by Susie/CA on 1/26/05 5:15pm
Msg #18282

Stephanie . . . where in CA are you located? I am in Los Angeles County.

Reply by Tony/SB on 1/26/05 5:22pm
Msg #18284

Stephanie,
Im in Chino Hills, let's talk........

Reply by Susie/CA on 1/26/05 6:54pm
Msg #18298

I too have a steady flow of signings. But I don't have many that I filter out to other agents. I guess I am a workaholic and sometimes almost kill myself trying to be everywhere (in L.A. traffic it is extremely difficult!) within a short time. I am finally turning down some of the signings that are too far. Mind you I put on 3,000 miles in a month on my newer car. Of course these are all high paying companies and my favorites but if I keep going like this my car will fall apart within 2 years! I need to keep this in perspective. I am not sure if all that running around is worth it.

Reply by notary plus more on 1/27/05 12:53am
Msg #18334

I am a new notary and I also have my real estate license as well as being a certified paralegal. What is not being said here is the fact that since interest rates are increasing and the price of housing is becoming less affordable, there are less refinances and less purchases and refinances. As with all things there are cycles, let us hope this cycle ends soon and the housing market gets going again. Wishing you all the best always.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/27/05 3:06am
Msg #18338

"What is not being said here is the fact that since interest rates are increasing and the price of housing is becoming less affordable, there are less refinances and less purchases and refinances"

I haven't noticed that at all. January has been a little slow, but that's normal in this industry, and things are already picking up a bit. Last year January was WAY worse for me. The 4 months prior to January were the busiest I've had since I started doing loan signings.

As for the affordability of housing here in CA, it moved into what I would personally consider the "unaffordable" stage ages ago, yet people still bought in droves. I don't know how they do it, but they do.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 1/27/05 6:50am
Msg #18352

You obviously have not read the latest issue of "NSA Today", published by the NNA. On page 3 there is an article titled "2005 Outlook Is Promising". In that article it states on the very first line, "The 2005 outlook is promising for Notary Signing Agents, thanks to a continuing high level of activity in the mortgage and housing markets." It goes on to talk about the housing market's slight decline, but overall continued growth. Of course, this is in reference to new home construction and sales. But, the NNA quoted Patty Rodriguez, a branch manager for Vital Signings, states that the refinance market has continued to be strong throughout the year.

From my personal perspective, I too see a strong new home market with new home construction on the rise, especially in my area. However, I have also seen a sharp decline in existing home refinances.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.