Notary Rotary
Accounts Payables
Notary Discussion History

Accounts Payables
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Markita-MI on 7/19/05 11:16am
Msg #53105

Accounts Payables

Good afternoon everyone. I recently did a closing for a loan officer whom I had no previous relationship or experience with. I basically dealt with the title company. My fees were listed on the HUD-1. So, I thought okay this is going to be fine...even though Edocs and at the end of June when things are the craziest of course. Nevertheless, I managed to squeeze this deal in. Well, here it is almost a month later--and the title company keeps giving me the run around.

I get most of my business from title companies. That said, I am usually paid either 3-5 days after the closing or no later than 15 day turn time(two weeks max). After emailing the person who emailed me the docs and calling and leaving one or two messages ...with no response... I called the title company again to see where payment was approximately 15 days later. The person I dealt with never apologized for not getting back to me after I left messages and emails...she says oh yeah we sent the check on July 1st. You should have it. I advised that I do not have it. Verified address but still no check. SO ...now she says ok we will stop the check and cut another one to be sent to you next day mail for recpt Monday, the 18th. Today is the 19th and still no check.

I call again. Everytime I call this person is either on another line, busy, out of the office. By now I am starting to feel like she is intentionally avoiding me. When I press 0 to actually speak with someone else, the young woman is rude. I am now wondering why is she so rude...I ask her for the accounts payable dept. A man now gets on the phone ...after explaining the situation...he says oh yes it takes 48 hours after a stop pay is put in..for the hold to be released thats our policy before another check will be cut. So you should have your check by Friday thru next day mail.

The title company is K.E.L. Title Insurance @ 1301 W Colonial Dr in Orlando, FL 32804 (407)786-9888.

I know it is still early yet compared to how SS pay but as I said I am use to dealing with title companies that pay net 15 tops. I don't think it is too much to ask that the representative call me back to tell me that there has been a 48 hour delay or something. Its just common(business) courtesy. YOU best believe I will not do anymore "no experience with" signings for anyone else unless I have confirmation from Paypal that the money is already there in my account.
I am also going to call the Loan Officer and advise that I have not been paid and the title company continues to give me the run around....maybe she can light a fire. I'll keep you posted.

It's another experience to chalk up to "knowing is have the battle" but for me I should have known better. I won't waiver next time. Thanks for listening to me vent. Back to signings now...

Markita-MI

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/19/05 11:37am
Msg #53110

I have done two for them
First one I did on May 3rd and got paid on May 19th
Seconfd one I did on May 13th and received payment on May 28th.

Reply by Markita-MI on 7/19/05 11:41am
Msg #53112

Thanks Sylvia....I feel a little better

I hope based on your experience, the check will be there on Friday. I will keep everyone posted. I talked to the loan officer and she said that she was not happy with their service either. She says she will not use them again but that she would call them to try and help. So heres hoping.

Markita

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/19/05 11:50am
Msg #53115

Re: Thanks Sylvia....I feel a little better

Markita - I usually get paid w/i 2 weeks as well. While I was on vacation, KEL called 7/6 for my tax ID to send a check for a signing I did 6/15. I called Erica when I returned and she said she would get it right out. I wasn't worried, you shouldn't be either.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/19/05 12:15pm
Msg #53121

In the FWIW column, I did one for them last May (Ameriquest Mortgage) and it took them almost 3 months to pay me. I don't know what the deal was, but I would "assume" that part of the problem may have been because it was an Ameriquest loan.

Reply by Markita-MI on 7/19/05 11:38am
Msg #53111

Type-O correction
"knowing is have the battle" should be "knowing is half the battle"

Sorry about that...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.