Notary Rotary
Adoption papers from Sheriff's office
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by DonnaV/CA on 7/8/05 1:23pm
Msg #50595

I've checked the archives but haven't seen this particular document mentioned. I was asked to meet a person at the county sheriff's office to notarize an document regarding a "no police record" statement needed for an adoption. I said - then.. I will be notarizing the signature of the person who is signing the "no record" statement? The person said yes.

Have any of you calif. notaries notarized this kind of document and if so, any thoughts so that I go prepared. I have a jurat stamp and loose jurats as well as copy certification by document custodian certs I always bring with me.

Thanks in advance.
dv

Reply by JurneiCA on 7/8/05 1:44pm
Msg #50607

Most adoption docs are acknowledgments from the reporting officer, medical, legal or otherwise. Good luck, I love doing adoptions.

Reply by DonnaV/CA on 7/8/05 1:55pm
Msg #50613

Ok, Thanks Jurnei. Smiley

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/9/05 9:59am
Msg #50742

I did a jurat for something similar a couple months back. The keeper of records at a pharmacy did not have prescription records for an individule.

Reply by DonnaV/CA on 7/9/05 12:39pm
Msg #50763

Update: At the Sheriff's office the officer at the window provided a document stating that the person had no record etc.. As there was no notarial wording, I gave the gentleman his choices... jurat stamp, loose acknowledgment attached, loose jurat attached and explained the differences.... He called the adoption agency, they wanted the jurat stamp on the document. Luckily there was plenty of room for both jurat stamp and my stamp. The officer seemed to know the drill and even waited to sign in front of me and was nice about the oath. The gentleman adopting was from a southern state and wanted to know if I had an embosser.. (I do) Do many of you both stamp and emboss on the same document? I don't routinely use it one reason being I think it is hard to read.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.