Notary Rotary
Borrower's signature inconsistent...Loan rejected
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Nd_WA on 7/12/05 11:45pm
Msg #51489

Had a split signing this week where Mrs.B signed last, and she was curious as to why they have to re-sign the loan. She called the lender and they said Mr.B's signature was inconsistent so it didn't fly the first time.

While signing Mr.B last week, he mentioned someone told him it was an error made by the last notary. I could hear his voice yelling through the cell phone when Mrs.B told him what had really happened. While Mrs.B sign her parts, we notice Mr.B's signatures were somewhat inconsistent as well. There was no instruction to have borrowers sign as print.

Reply by Brian/CA on 7/13/05 12:14am
Msg #51493

What amazes me is that the borrowers sign all kinds of papers before we ever go out and sends them back. Why isn't anything ever said to them about their signatures at that time? We go out and if we say anything we are the bad guy or it is considered UPL. I did one last night, it matched his drs lic, but it looked like he was just putting down his three initial, but when he actually initialed it was totally different than the signature.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.