Notary Rotary
Bounce check
Notary Discussion History

Bounce check
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by jay on 7/12/05 8:44am
Msg #51164

Bounce check

This company is a nightmare. It took forever for them to pay me. THey didn't even pay me what we agreed on. Now, to hear from my bank that their check bounce for $100.00.

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 7/12/05 8:46am
Msg #51166

Who's it from? N/M

Reply by jay on 7/12/05 8:49am
Msg #51168

Re: Who's it from? N/M

Quickdocs is the company that bounced their check. No one should work for a company that finds it hard to pay you when you work for them.

Reply by Tina Marie Grimes on 7/12/05 8:54am
Msg #51169

Sorry Jay. It's bad enough that it takes months sometimes to get paid but even worse to be paid (lol) and the check bounces. Hope it doesn't happen to you again.

Reply by J in CA on 7/12/05 10:11am
Msg #51211

They bounced a check to me too! It was a payment I had been waiting for for 3 months! I called, and was told it would go thru on the 2nd attempt. She asked how much the bounced check charge was, like she was going to cover it, but I won't hold my breath on that. I think the check has cleared, finally.

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/12/05 11:39am
Msg #51250

Re: Bounce check, don't do it in CA

I don't know where you are but in CA we have a new program set up by Attorney General and the various police departments The program is for cooperation between the PD's and other law enforcement agencies to iprovide for collection of bad checks. As I understand it all you have to do is turn the check into your local PD and they will let the company or individual know that if the check isn't taken care of that law enforcement will be looking for them with a warrant. I know in most States drawing checks on non-sufficient funds is a criminal act.

Reply by Dana/CA on 7/12/05 2:40pm
Msg #51337

Charles, where could I go to get more info on that new program?

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/12/05 7:07pm
Msg #51409

Call you local friendly PD. Where in California are you? If you are not in an incorporated City call your local friendly Sheriff. I like the Sheriff better anyway: they are an officer of the court.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.