Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
CanI gripe? Statewide Docs, United Land Services...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by NY-Notary on 7/19/05 10:38am
Msg #53099

I know, I know. We all know this.
Statewide docs... did special favor last night. Went out late when I didn't want to, drove further than I wanted... but they were going to pay me $175! Ok, ok, I'll do it.
Loan Officer told borrower pymt was much less than what it turned out to be. Happens a lot I know. Borrower wouldn not sign. $50 cancellation for no sign. BS! I will not accept it. Not for going out of my way like I did. I told them I would accept $125. We'll see.
United Land Services. I know I know (again) shouldn't work for them. But, sometimes I take chances when I shouldn't because its slow. Did closing for them in May. Sent invoice in per instuctions from person assigning appt to me. $125 I say and you guys have a bad reputation for not paying, so I better get paid.
So, July 1, no payment. Faxed a payment reminder to them along with invoice (again!)
nothing.
I call today. Get ahold of Jerry Miller. "Well, you didn't fax it attention to me".
OMG... you have to be freaking kidding me. First of all you guys don't bother sending a confirmation, no instruction in the packet when you do get it. And I'm supposed to read your mind of where to send the invoice.
BS!
Ok... there is my 2 cents for the day.

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/20/05 12:09pm
Msg #53361

I have done 2 closings for United Land and was paid for both within 45 days. I read somwhere on this board that all invoices must be faxed to the attention of Jerry Miller, and that's exactly what I did. While they don't tell you to fax to his attention, if you don't, it just gets lost in the shuffle.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.