Notary Rotary
Charges To Hospitals
Notary Discussion History

Charges To Hospitals
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Markita-Mi on 7/13/05 3:29pm
Msg #51718

Charges To Hospitals

Coming in after a very busy day, I recvd an email from the legal affairs division of a very prominent hospital in this area. General councel requested on call notary services for their patients. My question to those who actually have a client base that consists of hospitals,nursing homes and the like facilities, what is a fair price for the notarizations of wills, trusts etc including "on call" services and travel time? The bulk of my business centers around mortgage processing and document signings and so as far as prices for this service, I draw a blank. TIA...

Markita-MI

Reply by OnTheGoInFla on 7/13/05 3:33pm
Msg #51721

This depends on how far it is from where you are and will it be just one or a Bunch. Keep it in line with the Mortgage closing prices. I normally charge a minimum trip fee of $35 then depends on how many I do at a time.

Reply by Melody on 7/13/05 3:43pm
Msg #51732

My basic charges are like OnTheGo's.

Base fee of $30 (I live very close to the hospital) plus per-seal/signature charges.
If documents involve witnesses, the appointment takes much longer. I charge an additional $25 for those appointments.

Payment on the spot, check or cash.

Make certain everyone has current ID! That is often a big problem in medical facilities.

Reply by Ted_MI on 7/13/05 4:21pm
Msg #51759

Hi Markita,

I hope this doesn't ruin your day, but I think I received exactly the same email that you did. Oh well ....... I imagine several others did too. I did respond to it although in a way I wish I had waited to review the various responses to your post.

Where are you located? I am in Troy.

Reply by Markita-MI on 7/13/05 4:26pm
Msg #51765

It's ok if others also got the same email. Although, I wonder where he got my name...I guess from places like notaryrotary ...well that would be the smart business move----send out RFP if you will and see who gives you the best deal. I am in Sterling Heights.

Don't worry Ted. It didn't ruin my day. It just gave me ideas.

Markita-MI

Reply by DonnanorthernCA on 7/14/05 2:06am
Msg #51916

So just who is it who contacts you- the patient or the hospital? and how do you get paid cash- most patients dont keep cash in their rooms.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.