Notary Rotary
Contract Agreements
Notary Discussion History

Contract Agreements
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Anon on 7/11/05 10:49am
Msg #50937

Contract Agreements

When I first started as a SA I signed up with a number of SS's by signing their contract for 1 year. What I didn't know then was what a reasonable fee is for a signing so went along with what was on the contract. Some of these were pretty low. My contract year is still in effect so, from an ethical point of view, should I honor these companies at the rate on the contract or refuse them stating my fee has gone up.
I really don't want to take jobs at fees that are below what I consider reasonable but, at the same time, don't want to feel guilty for not honoring the contract.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/11/05 11:21am
Msg #50947

When they call negogiate a new fee with each signing. If they need you they will probably meet your new fee.

Reply by Calnotary on 7/11/05 12:38pm
Msg #50962

when you sign a contract, lets say for 50.00, and when they call you you not necesarly have to take that price, each and every single signing s is negociable not matter for how much you signed their contract for.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/11/05 12:39pm
Msg #50964

I do not respond to anonymous posts. n/m

Reply by Anonymous on 7/11/05 12:54pm
Msg #50969

Re: I do not respond to anonymous posts. n/m

You just did...ji ji ji

Reply by ANON on 7/11/05 12:57pm
Msg #50971

took the words right out of my mouth...LOL!

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/11/05 1:14pm
Msg #50983

I agree with Calnotary if the SS/TC wants you to take the signing last minute or it is greater than the distance you agreed to on the contract. Otherwise, by stating a higher fee you are in fact voiding the contract and the SS/TC has every right to drop you from their database. Has this actually happened to anyone?

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/11/05 1:01pm
Msg #50974

Perhaps my perception is a bit old fashined but a contract is a contract, it is an agreement of an act for an act. I have signed one or two contracts with SS's and I have struck out and intialed/dated those clauses Idid not like or re-wrote them. So far all of my modified contracts have been accepted without question. Most contracts I have seen provide for a 30 day termination and perhaps that may be your best alternative. If we don't honor our contracts why should we expect others to honor theirs? If you don't like the contract just write a business-like letter giving a 30-day notice. Remember it's not personal it's business!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/11/05 2:06pm
Msg #50994

>>> ... I have struck out and intialed/dated those clauses Idid not like or re-wrote them. So far all of my modified contracts have been accepted without question. <<<

Charles_CA,

How do you know your terms were accepted? Did you actually receive a signed by them, copy of the contract? Or are you assuming that they accepted your terms because they didn't respond stating they wouldn't agree?

I usually don't do contracts, but on those that I have not directly negotiated, I always add the following note beneath my signature:

"Acceptance of terms and conditions are subject to the modifications noted above, and receipt of a signed copy by all parties."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.