Contracts and travel expenses
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by pw on 7/15/05 1:51pm
Msg #52489

Hello,

I am a a newbie and have lost of questions but I will keep it to just a few today.

First contracts,do any of you make up your own, and if so is it being accepted by the loan signing companies. Seems to me there are wide variations of what companies feel where worth.

Second travel expenses, the cost of gas here in California is scary, could those of you who live here tell me what your charging for mileage.

Thank you

Pam in California

Reply by Maria Espinoza on 7/15/05 2:32pm
Msg #52500

I believe the average for mileage is .35 to .37 a mile, though most agencies do not pay for mileage- they pay a flat fee.

Contracts, form my experience with siging up with these agencies, come from the agency.

good luck.

I have my first doc. signing this wednesday.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/15/05 3:08pm
Msg #52505

Good luck, Maria! :) N/M

Reply by PW CALIFORNIA on 7/15/05 6:18pm
Msg #52556

Contracts and Travel Expenses

For those of you in business for awhile are you accepting $.35-$.37 a mile after you go over your agreed amount on your standard fee. I charge $65.00 for first set of documents and will drive 35 miles after that I charge $.40 per mile. Does this sound fair or is this to much. gas is
$3.00 a gallon in the rural mountains of California.

Also is asking a Signing Service to sign a contract that states this to bold.

Thank you all

Pam

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.