Notary Rotary
Courier
Notary Discussion History

Courier
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Violet/VA on 7/7/05 11:06am
Msg #50264

Courier

Has anyone done Courier work in Va. If so, what is a fair fee for a simple courier delivery from lawyer's office to the court house?

Any info would be appreciated,
Violet/VA

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 7/7/05 4:08pm
Msg #50358

Reply: Courier

I can't answer to VA, but in CT our law firm uses a professional courier service (multiple cars and drivers available). They can usually pick up within 30-60 minutes and deliver within 20 minutes to our federal or state courthouse or Secretary of State's office. They charge $10. Some of our Court deliveries are done by a Marshall (delivery / receipt requirements).

The couriers we use are through a service that is bonded and insured. VIP because they are carrying irreplacable legal documents and checks.

You can look up courier service advertising (see if they advertise speed of delivery and rates) in local legal newspapers and magazines. You can find the publications at our state and law school libraries. That may give you an idea of rates and competition in your area.

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/7/05 5:06pm
Msg #50373

Re: Reply: Courier

Same setup here. All the law firms downtown use bicycle couriers, and depending on the time of day and the required turn-arund time, i.e., rush, 2-hr., 4 hrs., etc. , the price varies.

I have attorneys scattered all over the city and the burbs. I try to do my own pickups and deliveries, but time constraints don't always allow me to do so. The courier I use, of course can't use bicycles, so they charge me by the mile.

Reply by BrendaTx on 7/7/05 4:41pm
Msg #50368

Okay...totally different deal, but here's my story. We had a highschool girl that came in for two - three hrs in the afternoon from 2/3 - 5 pm.

She usually made two or three runs during those two hours on certain days.

I know it is a different deal but just in case you did not know the reason/hrs to expect.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.