Notary Rotary
DOT and Initials
Notary Discussion History

DOT and Initials
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by DCa on 7/8/05 10:10pm
Msg #50687

DOT and Initials

I have a DOT with Husband and Wife as Joint Tenants 13 pages with a place for initials, Signature page has only husbands name for signature. Ack is only for husband.
My question is does only husband in ital or does both husband and wife in ital? I am to tired to think!
Thanks a bunch

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/8/05 10:40pm
Msg #50690

Your post indicates to me that someone is asleep at the wheels as to how the docs were drawn, or someone else is signing the wife. Until you ask the SS/TC this question, you're working in the dark.

HWJT may indicate the lender drew up docs based on who's on title, so a best guess is that whoever drew up the docs forgot to add the wifes in typing the name in the ack. (I always ignore what the lender states in the ack as that is MY job, not the lenders - most times, I have to change it and/or add-delete for the signers I've encountered). Don't regard the name on the ack certificate as to whom you are signing. Let the SS direct you.

Perhaps the dot is being signed in counterpart? also a possibility. Regardless, ask the SS/TC. Most SS/TC will appreciate your attention to detail in asking the questions - if they don't they don't deserve you).

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/9/05 12:13am
Msg #50716

I had the same situation tonight.....had both husband and wife initial all of the pages, as the edocs were last minute and borrower told me at the table that they were suppose to sign yesterday. Just got home from the signing and emailed SS....we shall see!

Reply by Maria Espinoza on 7/9/05 12:18am
Msg #50717

what are edocs-I do not have a laster jet printer and I can't receive edocs, but how would it work?

Reply by DellaCA on 7/9/05 1:13am
Msg #50721

Thank You I'll call. I did see they are devoiced or divorcing and I see all most all the rest of the docs are in husbands name only even RTC.

Reply by Iris_WA on 7/10/05 2:04am
Msg #50818

From that last remark, DellaCA, it sounds like maybe someone did fall asleep on the job and perhaps a separate Quit Claim Deed (ex-wife to husband) is needed... at least, that what it might signal here in WA.

I'm kinda fuzzy on that, but definitely the title company would know. So many parties here, starting with LO and then loan processor, and possibly escrow assistant, then LPO, SS, etc. Hard to say what happened where.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.