Notary Rotary
Documents to borrowers
Notary Discussion History

Documents to borrowers
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Ernest_CT on 7/27/05 12:54pm
Msg #55092

Documents to borrowers

Just my opinion here, folks. _Your opinions_ are sought!

Lately I've had signings where the docs were supposed to go to the borrower, but the docs were not sent. Not delayed due to weather, just plain not sent! There was no call to the signing service, no call to the borrower, and no call to me.

In one case, because of the distance, I had to start traveling before the borrower arrived at home. The borrower arrived at his home a few minutes before I did and found there were no docs. He was on the cell phone with the loan officer when I arrived. I also spoke with the loan officer, that's why I am sure the docs were not sent and nobody was notified.

Today I was called for a signing this evening. Yup; docs to the borrower. I asked for the tracking number. The nice person from the signing service said she would get it. A few minutes later, she called with a UPS Tracking Number. I said "Thanks!" and we hung up. When I used the UPS Site, it said that the number was invalid! I called the signing service back, she called the lender, she called me back, and the correct number is one digit different. Delivery was attempted for the package today, but there was nobody home to sign for it. Maybe it will be delivered, maybe it won't. I've left messages for the borrower on voicemail at work and answering machine at home. So far, no call back from the borrower.

My policy now: If the docs are going to the borrower, I must have the tracking number when the docs have been shipped. Period.

Reply by MichNotary on 7/27/05 2:27pm
Msg #55118

Speaking of no docs received...I usually have the docs fedex'd to me. This week I had three closings on Monday from the same company and not one of the sets of documents were received by me, nor the borrower. The title company didn't even know they hadn't been sent until I called. When this has happened before, and in this instance, they remote print the docs to one of their offices and I have to go and pick them up. The offices are usually not convenient to where I'm going to do the closings, so it adds extra time to my day, plus extra gas and mileage, and the docs are never in order when I pick them up. It's a huge hassle. They've paid me extra a few times, but usually I have to follow up on the payment received and remind them that they promised extra funds and then I usually get another check. My question to all of you is, do any of you have this problem, and do you charge extra if you have to drive somewhere to pick up the docs. I like this company and they usually don't screw up so much in one day, so I haven't wanted to make waves. But this week they were bad...even double booked me with another notary for one of the appointments and we both showed up!

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/27/05 4:44pm
Msg #55175

One of those grey areas--when I have those, during the Confirmation call to B's, I ask them to call me when the docs are received and we'll figure it out from there. Neve had a problem and, frankly, they seem grateful cuz they don't have to hang around the house waiting for docs. When they (B's & docs) arrive, I get a call. But getting the Tracking # is a very good idea, too.

Reply by MelissaCT on 11/30/05 8:26am
Msg #79178

Re: Documents to borrowers - OT

You had asked previously -- I'm in Bristol & cover about a 25 mile radius. I do network with others in state. I don't get many calls for New London county, but have on occasion previously been called for Stonington (real close to Bristol, you know LOL) Email me if you're interested in networking.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.