Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does anyone do notarizations at a hospital?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Natalie Brobst on 7/26/05 7:19pm
Msg #54911

I was wondering if anyone has been called by patients at a hospital to go in and do a notarization say of their POA? Are you set up as a notary referred by the hospital? And if so how did you get into doing it? THANKS!

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/26/05 7:38pm
Msg #54915

Yes. The situation ...

... determines the fee. In almost every case I do not charge for simple docs. I've done loan closings in patients' rooms, but that's _business_. There are quite a few of us who do pro bono work for people who need help and can't get out.

By the way, there some people who insist on paying. In that case, let your conscience be your guide about what you do with that money. My choice is to donate it to my place of worship and add the _first name only_ of the patient to our prayer list.

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/26/05 8:07pm
Msg #54922

Re: Yes. The situation ...

That's really nice, Ernest. Money well spent, I must say.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/26/05 9:45pm
Msg #54940

Ditto Kimberly - not only nice but responsible. Good job Ernest!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/26/05 9:45pm
Msg #54941

Ditto Kimberly - not only nice but responsible. Good job Ernest!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/26/05 9:46pm
Msg #54942

Oof, hate posting twice....n/m

Reply by new notary --- calif. on 7/27/05 12:23am
Msg #54981

To get to be known as a mobil notary I run small adds in the local free toss away papers in central LA. Im thinking about saying in my add I will do [non complex like POA ] pro bono type signing for pesons who need help and can't get out. Most of the time I do that any way.

my small mobil add work

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 10:24pm
Msg #54946

Natalie, I have had very little work from a hospital.

However, I do a lot for doctor's offices.

One thing about the hospital work...doing it (especially pro bono) would definitely help new people get more involved in learning their rules before being dropped into the grease on loan signings.

Reply by Natalie Brobst on 7/26/05 10:41pm
Msg #54950

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.