Notary Rotary
Elite Signing
Notary Discussion History

Elite Signing
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Miss. Notary on 7/25/05 4:00pm
Msg #54526

Elite Signing

Has anyone heard from Elite Signing in Illinois? Long time client. Slow pay, but always paid until recently. I call, never get an answer and leave messages, but no returned phone calls. They owe me quite a few $$$. Never had a problem before. Anybody know what's going on?

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/25/05 4:02pm
Msg #54528

Do a search of "Elite Signing"--you will not be happy. (nm)

That's Illinois one.

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 7/25/05 4:25pm
Msg #54537

Re: Do a search of "Elite Signing"--you will not be happy. (nm)

see post #53269. I had several from March that were never paid till now after months of frustration.

Reply by gls on 7/25/05 10:04pm
Msg #54608

Richard Barry (the owner) has not paid notaries since Jan 2005. On Tuesday July 12th he transfered the calls to his house and closed the doors to the office in Algonquin, IL.(Cary, IL was just where theP.O. Box was.) He has NO employees working for him. There are a lot of notaries that have filed suit against him in McHenry County, IL. And there have been numerous calls to the FBI. He basically was taking all of the money that the clients would send in and would not pay the notaries. Try calling his cell phone: 815-342-3315. Or send a letter to where the company is actually incorporated.

Here is a Post that was put on the board right after all this happened.:

My name is David Clements and I own a company in San Carlos, California just south of the San Francisco Airport. My brother is an attorney in Massachusetts who did work for Elite Signings. A few months ago he told me of ESS and that the owner Richard Barry was looking to sell the business. My brother was and is owed over $20,000. I flew to Chicago and met Mr. Barry. His books and daily accounting methods were substandard if not non-existent. Mr. Barry was the only one who had control over the books and corporate finances. After speaking with the employees, my brother and others in the business I tried to make a deal with Mr. Barry to buy the company. Actually buy the debt (obligations to the notaries) and take over the management of the company. I offered to buy the debt from January 1 2005 to present. Mr. Barry would be responsible for all other debts. He also wanted $75000 in cash though he later rescinded that demand in exchange that I take over all of the debt which was more than $125,000 and he would walk away free and clear. I later found out that Mr. Barry was taking money from ESS (which should have been used to pay notaries) and making speculative stock trades. I walked away from the ‘negotiations’ because I will not reward people for doing shoddy work and running what should have been a modestly profitable business into the ground!

I later spoke with the ‘ex-employees’ and was convinced that a viable company could be salvaged. As of July 11th I have filed incorporation papers creating Quality Signing Services, Inc. I have invested in new computer equipment, website, and software which I hope to have up and running soon. Right now all orders are being processed manually. All bills from Signing Agents to QSS will be paid within 7 days of receipt when accompanied by the courier tracking number for returned signed documents. Mr. Barry has ‘disappeared’ but I will post his contact information on the QSS website. The fact that I am in California while the orders and operations work is done in Illinois is immaterial. I apologize for including me in the ex employing category but I want it known that the employees were not involved in any attempt to deceive or defraud the Signing Agents.

I am looking into what legal options are available to help get those NSA’s that were ‘stiffed’ (which includes my brother) some compensation. I can only promise that anyone who deals with me or a company that I own will be dealt fairly and quickly. Please do note hesitate to contact me at [e-mail address] or [e-mail address] or my cell phone 650 544 8468 and I will return to you within 24hrs.

Respectfully,

David Clements

Quality Signing Services, Inc.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/25/05 10:22pm
Msg #54610

QSS- What a way to promote your Co David...I appreciate

that you are willing to "help" the notaries but you didn't skip a beat to add your new business advertising.

Since you were in the extensive negotiations, why not give everyone Richard Barry's home address and maybe the financial institutions, etc. so that we have the opportunity to serve papers on him at home and have the judgements linked to his home to be paid before he really"disappears"?

That would be a good gesture. Or if you don't I'm sure your brother has access to that information.

Everyone else...contact the title companies and lenders involved and make sure when you do, you go to the corporate level right away. Then make sure you copy all emails you send to the prosecuting attonery in your state, BBB, and fraud agencies at the same time. You could add a news agency email to make sure everyone knows about the fraud going on. (eventually with more and more emails going to those places they WILL take notice and you might see a feature on the 6 o'clock news) I guarantee you will have phone calls or email responses within minutes should you do that with someone promising investigation into the matter.

Good luck all and btw...they ESS still owes me money to. But the CEO of E-Loans has contacting me promising a resolution. We'll see.

Reply by gls on 7/25/05 10:34pm
Msg #54615

Re: QSS- What a way to promote your Co David...I appreciate

I copied and pasted the message that was previously posted on this board. I am not David, but for alot of the Info you are looking for see message #53269. Read those posts and it gives you info. I have his home address, but that message will tell you how to get it. Please read those posts especially the one from Gregg and exemp. Good luck to you, I truly hope you retrieve your money.

Reply by John Stadtfeld on 5/11/06 4:53pm
Msg #119260

Nice words from QSS, but..

I did a signing for QSS a month ago, and was told the payment would be remitted to me within 15 days.

So far I have recieved nothing but a run-around from their staff. They indicated there was a problem with the file, although I spoke with the borrower and they said it did fund, no problem.

Will advise as this progresses.

Reply by Thank You Notaries! on 7/26/05 7:51am
Msg #54678

It's me, Miss. Notary. Thank you fellow notaries for responding to my inquiry about Elite Signing. You guys are the best! I appreciate the information and will follow suit to receive my money. Let's unite and fight to get paid$$$. Thanks again and happy signings!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.